Competition Werkes Exhaust 2020 R3

I bet they're highly functional, but man i don't like their look at all.
I am with you on that aesthetic assessment! Just wonder about the sound. The Werks pipe is just very loud and no "rumble." Maybe it's the triple and that's just how it sounds. Would like it to be deeper in tone...

Looks like Carpenter is coming out with one. I don't like the look as much as Comp. Werks however I wonder what it will sound like. Also wonder why they did new headers. I can't imagine they add power compared to the wonderful hydroformed stockers. Carpenter Racing
The stock headers are sexy but (way) too small and with unequal tracts. But it will not be easy to improve that without messing with the aesthetics and p1ssing off the GT owners.

The stock headers are sexy but (way) too small and with unequal tracts. But it will not be easy to improve that without messing with the aesthetics and p1ssing off the GT owners.
Too small? Interesting. Why would it piss off GT owners? I wonder why there are not yet any options for intake (or filter at least) being discussed?

Too small? Interesting. Why would it piss off GT owners? I wonder why there are not yet any options for intake (or filter at least) being discussed?
That 1260 Ducati Diavel, that we cannot shake out your mirrors, not only wears the same width rear tire we do but has got 60.5 mm (2-3/8") Moto Corse® headers even though it sports half our engine size. If we can improve the expediency and efficiency with which we expel spent gas, we open up many improved breathing options. Improved breathing = improved power. Our throttle bodies are also smaller than the previous generation Rockets'.

GT owners are already unhappy with their rain suits' right legs melting away - with the flattened stock headers. Imagine what larger diameter, liberally radiused headers will do to their plight.

Last edited:
That 1260 Ducati Diavel, that we cannot shake out your mirrors, not only wears the same width rear tire we do but has got 60.5 mm Moto Corse headers even though it sports half our engine size. If we can improve the expediency and efficiency with which we expel spent gas, we open up many improved breathing options. Improved breathing = improved power. Our throttle bodies are also smaller than the previous generation Rockets'.

GT owners are already unhappy with their rain suits' right legs melting away - with the flattened stock headers. Imagine what larger diameter, liberally radiused headers will do to their plight.
I understand now. I don't tour with mine and only plan to ride in nice weather. I want more more more power, however. Reading what Carpenter did for the older rocket sure looks amazing. Would love to have a built engine NA at 265hp to the wheel my goodness.

We've all seen this pic before but it's the first thing I thought of when I saw that megaphone from Carpenter...

Aesthetically pleasing..... Pfffftttttt:thumbsdown:

1616843755988.png

The carpenter really butchers the bike.
However, the werks doesn't look all that good on the bike either, better than the carpenter by far, but not as good as the stock IMHO.
It's a **** shame Triumph made these bikes so quiet. almost criminal of them.
My wife recorded me pulling out the drive way onto the neighborhood, it was like I was riding an electric bike, no motorcycle sound what so ever. You could here the birds sing in the video but no bike. Kinda ridiculous.
But I still can't get myself to ruin the stock setup just for more sound. Wish there was an easy and cheap option.

Back