Mine has the same issue. It starts after few seconds of cranking , on the 2nd attempt. And also "pops" before starting. Decided not to try in really cold weather( -15C) so recently starting it up in a little warmer conditions ( -5C ).
Also on premium ( was told it's ethanol free) from Shell
We’re all told premium is ethanol free. But is it “additive free”? All the companies keep advertising these “ special additives” that supposedly “ clean your engine” while preventing “ harmful deposits.” Other than maybe causing a microbial degree of cylinder burn off, do fuel companies think consumers actually believe that additives magically mix with oil ? Thereby keeping your engine clean, and “ safe.” Most consumers probably don’t think past the funny little living cartoon cars used to demonstrate their magical additives. It’s all Talcum powder far as I’m concerned. Did you happen to notice the snowflake warning icon pop up on your R3r when starting in subzero temps? That may only be in Sport mode.

Did you happen to notice the snowflake warning icon pop up on your R3r when starting in subzero temps? That may only be in Sport mode.
Doesn't that Snowflake icon show up when you vote Democrat? Kidding (kind of). I didn't notice the snowflake but kind of cool I guess. Probably because I didn't have my readers on. Also it may be that it only gets around 35 degrees at the lowest in the garage. The numbers are very small and if it's not in direct sunlight I can't see it.:(

We’re all told premium is ethanol free. But is it “additive free”? All the companies keep advertising these “ special additives” that supposedly “ clean your engine” while preventing “ harmful deposits.” Other than maybe causing a microbial degree of cylinder burn off, do fuel companies think consumers actually believe that additives magically mix with oil ? Thereby keeping your engine clean, and “ safe.” Most consumers probably don’t think past the funny little living cartoon cars used to demonstrate their magical additives. It’s all Talcum powder far as I’m concerned. Did you happen to notice the snowflake warning icon pop up on your R3r when starting in subzero temps? That may only be in Sport mode.
Snowflake shows with a warning of icy conditions. I also had it once whilst riding. But that was couple of months ago when there was no snow yet.

Back