Happy New Years friends. Hope you had a good time with family n those close to you. My first post of the year is a light one.......Started my bikes today in the middle of this Western Canada -10 freeze thang we got goin on. They’re both hooked to 0.75 battery tenders, so cranking power wasn’t an issue. The now 17 year old VN2000 started as it always does....immediately. The R3r.....” struggled”. It cranked over for several seconds (5/7). I stopped, pulled some throttle to...manually inject fuel?? It fired. I’m no expert, but EFI engines shouldn’t need “help” firing. That’s why we traded carbed systems for EFI. Anyone else experiencing delayed ignition during storage, or temperature periods ?
Mine has the same issue. It starts after few seconds of cranking , on the 2nd attempt. And also "pops" before starting. Decided not to try in really cold weather( -15C) so recently starting it up in a little warmer conditions ( -5C ).
Also on premium ( was told it's ethanol free) from Shell

...Also on premium ( was told it's ethanol free) from Shell
off course they though on that... it will make sense as without ethanol you will have a better fuel and will notice it... the same thing repeats everywhere... airlines... get more leg room just pay more... but we had that before without paying extra before you start compacting people like tuna!

During winter months, Tucson (where I'm at) gets a 10% ethanol blend. Try using regular, you'll be amazed by the difference in starting.
The bad thing about the pumps in California is you get up to 1 1/2 gallons of what ever the guy before you had. On a side note I was wrong about gas prices being down to $4.85 yesterday. The are $5.25.99 at the local Chevron. "Hey dad, can I borrow $120.00 to fill up my pickup?" Thanks Joey!

Back