RPM Surge on cold start and oil level

chilipeppernorm

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
Hi All,
New here, bought my R3 GT 2 weeks ago with 12 miles on the odometer, 500 miles now. I've noticed the rpm's hunt or surge up and down on cold start up. Doesn't seem to happen at operating temp. Anyone else experience this?? On an unrelated side note, my bike was delivered (checked after a couple hundred miles) with the oil level at the low safe level. I was told by dealer not to add oil (unless low) during break-in. Followed owners manual procedure for oil check. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, and great forum by the way.

The dealers are not checking the oil as per the manual as it would seem they no all , the oil level must be checked as per the manual otherwise you will get a low reading on the dip stick

The dealers are not checking the oil as per the manual as it would seem they no all , the oil level must be checked as per the manual otherwise you will get a low reading on the dip stick
Reading at the low end of the range on the stick still means u have at least 4 qts of oil in the bike. U have to follow the manual to a T to get a good reading.

Reading at the low end of the range on the stick still means u have at least 4 qts of oil in the bike. U have to follow the manual to a T to get a good reading.
Its normal on the new Rockets to have a periodic high idle, and a little fluctuation in that idle speed depending on temps and humidity as the computer takes it all into
account during warm up.. If u dont like the fluctuations, as soon as you start the bike, blip the throttle slightly and it will calm down as it will disrupt the computer input.

Its normal on the new Rockets to have a periodic high idle, and a little fluctuation in that idle speed depending on temps and humidity as the computer takes it all into
account during warm up.. If u dont like the fluctuations, as soon as you start the bike, blip the throttle slightly and it will calm down as it will disrupt the computer input.
Thank you.

Back