Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
Happy New Years friends. Hope you had a good time with family n those close to you. My first post of the year is a light one.......Started my bikes today in the middle of this Western Canada -10 freeze thang we got goin on. They’re both hooked to 0.75 battery tenders, so cranking power wasn’t an issue. The now 17 year old VN2000 started as it always does....immediately. The R3r.....” struggled”. It cranked over for several seconds (5/7). I stopped, pulled some throttle to...manually inject fuel?? It fired. I’m no expert, but EFI engines shouldn’t need “help” firing. That’s why we traded carbed systems for EFI. Anyone else experiencing delayed ignition during storage, or temperature periods ?

Mine had been parked up for a couple of months - job change etc etc - it too took a while to start
Mine had been parked up for a couple of months - job change etc etc - it too took a while to start for the first time.
I’m by no means an expert on EFI systems. I’m just guessing that perhaps an ancient EFI V twin bike probably shouldn’t be more reliable than “ the state of the art.” ...Just saying...

My 2020 is as difficult to start in cold weather as the 05 and 14 Rockets. They all have started on the second try after the first attempt. Very weird I must say.:(

My 2020 does the same regardless of the outside temperature. It takes couple of short cranks or a long crank if i start it after a few days.

Back