Cold FOB start.

sonnie

.060 Over
Ride
rocket 3 GT,
My Rocket GT lives in an unheated garage up here in the N. Georgia Mountains. I've noticed that when the temperature
in the garage drops below 50 degrees or so, the FOB will NOT start my bike.. Take it in the house to reach room temperature
and bingo, it starts right up. Changing the 2032 battery makes no change in starting with a cold FOB. To start my GT in cold
weather i have to use the key or its a no go...

Why not keep the fob indoors? May be healthier for the fob battery anyway.
Its indoors now. Been in the 30's most of the winter. First 50 degree day was itching for a ride. Happens with my Corvette FOB too.
That ones indoors now too.
Had no idea those button batteries were so sensitive to temps this low.

I leave my Rocket in the garage but the fob in the house. Crime in my town is relatively small although we have Hammerheads from the Sacramento area that travel up into the foothills and visit the nicer hoods at night and see what they can take that isn't nailed down. The Cops around here seem to be catching more and more of them. (probably the same ones just getting arrested and released over and over again):confused:

I leave my Rocket in the garage but the fob in the house. Crime in my town is relatively small although we have Hammerheads from the Sacramento area that travel up into the foothills and visit the nicer hoods at night and see what they can take that isn't nailed down. The Cops around here seem to be catching more and more of them. (probably the same ones just getting arrested and released over and over again):confused:
Your right about repeat offenders... I live about and hour from atlanta and when Covid started they emptied the jails to PROTECT them. Now shootings up 80% and
they have to re-arrest the same bunch all over again.. Cops retiring in droves with a Mayor who wont support them.

Back