Check Engine / Oil warnings came on

It will be in neutral and the oil in the rear gear casing is new.

i am still confused if u r talking about a bike that has a separate transmission like some harleys it would ok.
but if u r talking about the rocket then don't do it because the rocket has to be running to lube transmission or it will fry the trans.

Are any of the gear rolling when the bike is in neutral?

Are any of the gear rolling when the bike is in neutral?

i am not very god at explaining but i will try
all of the oil is held in the oil tank no oil is in the engine/transmission until u start the motor and then it pumps oil to motor and trans. so u have zero oil in the transmission. with the rear tire on the ground it will turn the drive shaft and turn the output shaft in the transmission there r ball bearings that require oil such as the torsion bearing in the rear they claim goes out because of lack of oil because some were put in the wrong direction. also needle bearings that need oil.
i have seen automatic that have been towed and it melts the back of the aluminum trans and melts the steel planetary. the trans fluid that comes out is about 500 degrees and will burst in to flames when it gets air. if u tow it with the rear wheel on the road put a camera there we want to watch:)

i am not very god at explaining but i will try
all of the oil is held in the oil tank no oil is in the engine/transmission until u start the motor and then it pumps oil to motor and trans. so u have zero oil in the transmission. with the rear tire on the ground it will turn the drive shaft and turn the output shaft in the transmission there r ball bearings that require oil such as the torsion bearing in the rear they claim goes out because of lack of oil because some were put in the wrong direction. also needle bearings that need oil.
i have seen automatic that have been towed and it melts the back of the aluminum trans and melts the steel planetary. the trans fluid that comes out is about 500 degrees and will burst in to flames when it gets air. if u tow it with the rear wheel on the road put a camera there we want to watch:)

Huummmo_O You sound pretty convincing. I am going to call Triumph tomorrow and ask. How far could I go? 10, 30, 50 miles?

Last edited:
if i was about 6 blocks away from my house i would tow it home.
if u was 10 to 15 miles away u could start it up and let it idle while u towed.
all it would take is one little spot on a bearing and it would be down hill from there.
once the metal gets extremely hot the temper goes away and the part just grinds up.
pm warp and ask his opinion.

if i was about 6 blocks away from my house i would tow it home.
if u was 10 to 15 miles away u could start it up and let it idle while u towed.
all it would take is one little spot on a bearing and it would be down hill from there.
once the metal gets extremely hot the temper goes away and the part just grinds up.
pm warp and ask his opinion.

Thank you

Back