changed to air pods now have 2nd gear problem

R3fingers

.020 Over
hope someone can help me ..since changing to tune boy pods, I reach a point in 2nd gear and throttle seems to die, ive since removed secondries, retuned with tune ecu , tried a few maps, increased my secondries to 100, turned o2 sensors off, increased revs to max, goes great except in 2nd which still dies if revved hard

My Valkyrie had similar issues when I changed the intake filter to a less restrictive K&N and installed 6x6 free-flowing pipes. I know, different animal since the Valk has 6 carbs, but it was related to a very lean condition. This may be your problem too...bike is too lean and needs more fuel. This was most noticeable when really pouring on the throttle. The bike sputtered and spit and lost power until I backed off the throttle.

Good luck. I'm sure that a tuneboy expert will be by shortly.

You may have a corrupted tune loaded. Reload the stock tune, start the bike, shut it off, and reload your last tune. I have experienced this problem and found that it can happen if you edit and save a file in TuneECU while you are actively connected to the bike's ECU. So always disconnect the program, then make changes, save the program, re-connect and then download. If the problem still exists, repeat this procedure but try a tune from someone else for use with the pods. There is no mechanical reason that the engine will run differently in one gear versus another. The tune, however, can be quite different from gear to gear.

Hope this helps.

Back