For Sale Carpenter Rocket 2012 (Houston TX)

If it was dyno tested after Bob did it, it could be they did not use race gas. I had Bob retune mine on pump gas and he said that it lost 8 to 10 horse power with pump gas. No surprise to me and well since I use pump gas everywhere I go it was better to match the tuning to the fuel being used. Some of my other loss was from filter verses none and the 3 inch baffle in the megaphone. So this time 225 verses the original 243.
BOB said that baffle is a power killer also along with some of the other exhausts and restrictive air intakes.

Last edited:
As the bike was part of the short-lived partnership between Carpenter Racing and Triumph USA, the bike is one of ??? that got the 240 package while "untitled" and sold "new" with the nameplate on the side of the engine and the straight trumpet exhaust. Mine somehow didn't get the heat shields that the others got. The bike was actually under it's original 2 year factory warranty until last month. The only issue I ever had was that the ABS light was on when I bought it. They jiggled something and fixed it. It did occur to me that unless they changed the fuel from the tank, they were using 6 month old regular unleaded to do that dyno.
BOB is still doing all the engines for TRIUMPH and they take some of the bikes Racing and display them at the bike shows and it sounds like they Dynoed your bike with old pump gas. BOB likes to use fresh high quality gas thats consistent compared to to the inconsistent pump gas but he will dyno tune with whatever the owner prefers such as 6 month old 87 octane if they insist

Does he then do all his customer dynos with race fuel?
Yes he does and it was my choice to dyno it with pump gas. Call it real world running conditions. As for my gas being older well it seems their turn around time is off by 7 or 8 months. And I did ask them to use a reputable premium fuel like BP Exon. Not sure if they did or not. As for also tuning with filters and the baffle again my choice Again I am back to real world riding not drag strip riding.

You want to ask questions bull call me. Bike runs great.

Last edited:
Yes he does and it was my choice to dyno it with pump gas. Call it real world running conditions. As for my gas being older well it seems their turn around time is off by 7 or 8 months. And I did ask them to use a reputable premium fuel like BP Exon. Not sure if they did or not. As for also tuning with filters and the baffle again my choice Again I am back to real world riding not drag strip riding.

You want to ask questions bull call me. Bike runs great.
YEP it all adds up and its not an issue for everyday riding the dragstrip times are just proof of performance from the modded Rockets

Thanks to Scott @Steel and Warpo @warp9.9 for clearing up the pump v race gas affects on dyno results.
Pretty staggering differences, I must say!
NO response from Houston dealer, so I went a different direction.
Now purchasing a Yamaha dual-sport XT250 and heading to Moab!
My 2012 R3R is now over 50K. Perhaps when tis time to refresh, I shall go see Bob.
Warpo needs to re-think my offer to fly him out here and install a Carp kit . . .
I can even come up with a free flop and likely a motor so I could show him around the Pac NW!

@Steel
Two motors could be done, but one bed for youse and Warpo? . . . .
Air bag and bedding on floor perhaps? . . . . .
Youse fight it out for the Queenie! :eek: :p

Back