For Sale Carpenter Rocket 2012 (Houston TX)

I'm working in west Texas right now, but I'd be happy to drive down and look at it in a couple of weeks when I head home.
If it originally dynoed at 238, I'd guess it was the 240 hp kit.

I was also thinking that but, with the low dyno, I'd like to know for sure.
Although the 225 or the 240 would be OK by me.
Tis a 6 year old motor, same as my un-Carp 2012.
Price seems high to me . . .
What do youse think?

What do youse think?
ITS a 240 so I dont know where the other numbers came from and its not a high price

What do youse think?

If it was dyno tested after Bob did it, it could be they did not use race gas. I had Bob retune mine on pump gas and he said that it lost 8 to 10 horse power with pump gas. No surprise to me and well since I use pump gas everywhere I go it was better to match the tuning to the fuel being used. Some of my other loss was from filter verses none and the 3 inch baffle in the megaphone. So this time 225 verses the original 243.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was dyno tested after Bob did it it could be they did not use race gas when they did it. I had Bob retune mine on pump gas and he said that it lost 8 to 10 horse with the pump gas. No surprise to me and well since I ise pump gas everywhere I go it was better to match the tuning to the fiel being used. Some of my other loss was from filter verses none and tge 3 inch baffle in the megaphone. So this time 225 verses the oringinal 243.
YEP some of the home brew baffles arent the best .

As the bike was part of the short-lived partnership between Carpenter Racing and Triumph USA, the bike is one of ??? that got the 240 package while "untitled" and sold "new" with the nameplate on the side of the engine and the straight trumpet exhaust. Mine somehow didn't get the heat shields that the others got. The bike was actually under it's original 2 year factory warranty until last month. The only issue I ever had was that the ABS light was on when I bought it. They jiggled something and fixed it. It did occur to me that unless they changed the fuel from the tank, they were using 6 month old regular unleaded to do that dyno.

If it was dyno tested after Bob did it, it could be they did not use race gas. I had Bob retune mine on pump gas and he said that it lost 8 to 10 horse power with pump gas. No surprise to me and well since I use pump gas everywhere I go it was better to match the tuning to the fuel being used. Some of my other loss was from filter verses none and the 3 inch baffle in the megaphone. So this time 225 verses the original 243.

Does he then do all his customer dynos with race fuel?

Back