9Ball

Supercharged
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Standard
Hi all,

I've been a proud owner of a 99 Valk since it was new and bought a new RoadStar Midnight Warrior last May. I thought life couldn't get better, then I test rode the R3 at the Honda Hoot a few weeks ago. Big mistake.

I sold the Warrior two days ago to my Son and went down to the Triumph dealer and bought a new '07 (black) R3 and a bunch of accessories. I won't be picking it up until sometime next week when the pipes get in and get it re-mapped. As I said, can't wait.

The 22 mile test ride at the Hoot put a permanent smile on my face. I haven't felt this way since I rode the Valk home 8 years ago.

Gonna keep the Valk until I decide if the R3 will suit all my needs. The Valk is a great long distance bike and one I had planned to keep forever. The Warrior was just for zooming around town and something new to modify.

Looking forward to meeting some R3 owners/riders in Wisconsin. I hope there are a few near me so I can get some ideas for upgrades.

John

Congratulations

John, welcome to the club. Even though you got the slower color, it should be more than enough to probably ensure your valk stays parked gathering dust. There should be a few up in that area that will welcome you, but you may be a little too close to a wierd guy named Flip, but a reasonably long distance away from another guy named Busajack.
Dennis

Welcome John!!

The Rocket makes a pretty decent long distance bike. Hey, keep the Valk if you can afford it, but you probably won't ride it much anymore :D.

Some Rocket Captains own a second smaller bike for those heavy traffic around town jaunts or to fulfill those sport bike cravings. Everyone should have more than one bike anyway...

Yes, welcome.

I agree with Tomo in most respects. The R3 is a good long range tourer but the addition of the Classic seat over the 2 piece seat makes it an excellent long range tourer,,,,Don't forget a windshield and the Triumph fork mounted lowers, I did 400 mile days on mine and could have gone farther but I don't like riding 2 laners at dusk 'cause the deer start to roam.....Just ask Raymond about that.:eek:

It Goes Both Ways

I to had to wait a few weeks while they put all the goodies on the beast. This way you can join us, look around, ask questions, tell stories and be ready when your ride gets dressed!

One of the factors in my purchase of the R3 was it's ability to handle as easily at 5 mph as at 130 mph. It handles as well around town as on the Interstate. To me, it's the best all purpose ride around and the best "Bang for the Buck".

Glad you've joined us.

Welcome John.

A test ride is what got me also. Went for a ride to get a free t-shirt which ended up costing me $$$. No regrets. There are plenty of ideas around here as to what to spend your money on accessory and mod wise.

Welcome to the Forum. Join in often. The R3 does, in a short time, become quite managable for in town. I can't compare it to a Valkerie but I'd like to, and would like to have one as well.

Just signed the loan papers today...ouch

Yes, welcome.

I agree with Tomo in most respects. The R3 is a good long range tourer but the addition of the Classic seat over the 2 piece seat makes it an excellent long range tourer,,,,Don't forget a windshield and the Triumph fork mounted lowers, I did 400 mile days on mine and could have gone farther but I don't like riding 2 laners at dusk 'cause the deer start to roam.....Just ask Raymond about that.:eek:

...but that's another story.

Hopefully the accessories will be in early next week. The dealer is going to install the TOR and cat eliminator prior to delivery. It appears some stuff is on backorder. Got the shop manual, dust cover, upgraded seats with rider backrest, gauges, windshield, lowers, and a few other odds and ends coming in. I'll install everything except the pipes myself.

My RoadStar Warrior leaves with the new owner on Monday or Tuesday so I'll have room in the garage.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to learning the ins-n-outs of this fine machine.

Can't wait to feel the POWER.....

John

Back