Can a Rocket III take down the establishment, and rule this island

Few bits arrived, lockwireable oil filter is a must for race day scrutineering, chromed 100mm pulley looks a bit fancier, break in oil for me new custom made pistons.

Booked 2 weeks off for the operation to begin 02-Aug-22, can't wait.

1658423886630.png

For what is worth to you: The 2 things I learned over the last 5 years drag racing my Rocket about 5 or 6 meets a year are these.

1) Launching has greatly improved by putting my feet on the pegs before the bike moves. Yes you can get them up there at the same time as you begin to let the clutch out. What it does for you is transfers a little weight that helps keep the bike balanced and the front wheel on the ground. Try this instead of the usual dragging your feet during launch. Feet dragging on launch always creates the conundrum of then trying to get the feet up in time for the first shift. With the feet already up there in place making that first shift from 1st to 2nd much easier and complete. You know how that shift is the most difficult and easy to miss. It takes a little slower and more complete stroke of the shifting mechanism to make it happen. Doing this works well for me and has improved my 60 foot time a lot.

2) Holding the throttle to max rpm takes more time than is gained from doing so. You have to find the compromise of what rpm to shift. For my 145 RWHP and 7000 rpm bike shifting at 6500 gives me faster speeds and better ETs.

So the bike has been stripped down and so has the supercharged Carpenter engine on the bench.
Although I've yet to pull the clutches and starter out of each - the 1.4kW Toyota starter is on the 2.3L crankcase as is the MTC billet clutch.
Currently swapping out springs and retainers for some goodies from the man in the tin shed.

20220804_115121.jpg

20220804_231147.jpg

20220804_221330.jpg

20220804_221301.jpg

Back