Cam ladder torx

Radz94

.020 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket III Standard
Hello,
Trying to get cam ladder torx bolts to break free.
I"m concerned of the equal tension. tried heating them but unsure of how much I can get away with.
Already broke a socket. Advice would be much appreciated.

All I can say is be careful, I had a torx head snap off in the bolt on my Sprint

Maybe I'm being overly careful. Inner ladder bolts broke free with no issues. Observing the 1/2 turn per bolt to evenly take cam pressure off . Outer bolts not budging though.
I'm a bit concerned of applying too much heat on the mounting point .

Maybe I'm being overly careful. Inner ladder bolts broke free with no issues. Observing the 1/2 turn per bolt to evenly take cam pressure off . Outer bolts not budging though.
I'm a bit concerned of applying too much heat on the mounting point .
Try shocking them with a hammer, try an impact gun

Also, look at the quality of the sockets you are using. If you are using something cheap go for a higher standard. I had the same issue on a Bonneville. The head of the socket just twisted. I went to Craftsman (I know they are not like they used to be), or some other higher grade, and was able to break them free. Destroyed a couple of sockets in the process and returned them. Angle and alignment are crucial when they are stuck like that- just like when trying to drill a screw and you are off on the angle and it just spins. Last resort would be to slot a groove and use an impact driver, then replace the bolt. It's a mystery to me how they get tighter than originally torqued.

Teng tools. Excellent, they were recommended by Neville Lush and they are superior to any i have ever bought. They fit tight and with the 1/2 drive make easy work of releasing the bolts on the rocket engine.

Attachments

• 3F5DB4C6-A70F-40CB-86BC-1FBA80E63954.png
    3F5DB4C6-A70F-40CB-86BC-1FBA80E63954.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 786D8018-1712-4AF3-B951-24F64CA8745F.png
    786D8018-1712-4AF3-B951-24F64CA8745F.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 11
Forgot to mention that I twisted a Snap on TK30 torx as well . Used to be an excellent tool. Their torn bits are not so good.

Back