Calling all nw & west coast rockets

I like the thought of going on this ride and meeting some other Rocket owners. I live in Idaho and for years Moab was a great place we used to go to for spring off road riding. It is great for spring riding, not so much in the summer time. Us locals use the old saying "Anyone that wants to ride in the high desert in July or August has NEVER ridden Moab in the summer". I really don't want to be the turd in the punch bowl, but if have not ridden in 105 plus temperatures, on a Rocket, your in for a nice treat. Enjoy.

However, If any of you are traveling to or from this event and Boise is on the way. I would be happy to take you on a great day ride(s). There are a lot of great trips and it will likely be 20 degrees cooler than Moab or Death Valley. There are so few Rockets in this area.

Perhaps next time the West gets to do an RAA event, it will not be in a great place, but at the wrong time of year….

Yeah, went through Las Vegas and over to CA last summer. 110!!!!!! Man was it toasty!!! Sur glad I had the liquid cooled Rocket.

Mex, Tex & Hunt,
Ya gots me excited and made my day! I'd love to hook up with ALL of you.
The plan is to make Enid on or about June 26th. Will overnight there then head for AR, likely Talimena Senic Drive to Mena first. Hoping to hook up with Nolton as well. I'm fixing on spending like 5 days in the area in order to hit most of the usual suspects - 7, Pig 23, 16, 27, 21 . . . I am told Harrison is DRY :mad: I be thinking about Hot Springs for a couple nights to do the middle section and like something around Harrison that has Dark beer and Gentleman Jack for 2 or 3 nights. :D Then we head to the Smokeys for another 5 day adventure before going to Key West. Suggestions welcome!

I really enjoy this forum - way more than a few others I have experienced in the past. I think it's the Rocket, you mid westerners, the rebels and especially the Aussies that make this place special.

I got 6 weeks set aside and plan on suckin' all I can from the ride. I LOVE to bull $hit, raise old man hell and meet new folks, especially putting faces to folks I've gotten to know in cyberspace. I plan a max of 15 minutes in front of my front wheel and the rest is WING-IT.
Best Regards,
1olbull
PS: I do have one bad habit . . . I like buying new friends a round or three as well.

Mex, Tex & Hunt,
Ya gots me excited and made my day! I'd love to hook up with ALL of you.
The plan is to make Enid on or about June 26th. Will overnight there then head for AR, likely Talimena Senic Drive to Mena first. Hoping to hook up with Nolton as well. I'm fixing on spending like 5 days in the area in order to hit most of the usual suspects - 7, Pig 23, 16, 27, 21 . . . I am told Harrison is DRY :mad: I be thinking about Hot Springs for a couple nights to do the middle section and like something around Harrison that has Dark beer and Gentleman Jack for 2 or 3 nights. :D Then we head to the Smokeys for another 5 day adventure before going to Key West. Suggestions welcome!

I really enjoy this forum - way more than a few others I have experienced in the past. I think it's the Rocket, you mid westerners, the rebels and especially the Aussies that make this place special.

I got 6 weeks set aside and plan on suckin' all I can from the ride. I LOVE to bull $hit, raise old man hell and meet new folks, especially putting faces to folks I've gotten to know in cyberspace. I plan a max of 15 minutes in front of my front wheel and the rest is WING-IT.
Best Regards,
1olbull
PS: I do have one bad habit . . . I like buying new friends a round or three as well.
Harrison is not dry. If you stay at the Hub they will make a beverage run for you.
Let me know a date that you will be staying overnight in Arkansas and I will try to get the time off.

Harrison is not dry. If you stay at the Hub they will make a beverage run for you.
Let me know a date that you will be staying overnight in Arkansas and I will try to get the time off.

AWESOME! We should be coming into Mena the evening of June 27 or 28. That about the closest to you? Remember we be f-l-e-x-i-b-l-e. :D
If'n ya be willin to give me a phone #, I shall keep you posted regarding progress.
1olbull@gmail.com

PS Harrison it is then for the northern post.

AWESOME! We should be coming into Mena the evening of June 27 or 28. That about the closest to you? Remember we be f-l-e-x-i-b-l-e. :D
If'n ya be willin to give me a phone #, I shall keep you posted regarding progress.
1olbull@gmail.com

PS Harrison it is then for the northern post.

Hot springs is closer but it's wherever you like.

Bull, my number is 918 695 0111,
When you go by Enid say hello to Paul (Skydog1000) he lives there:)

Bull, my number is 918 695 0111,
When you go by Enid say hello to Paul (Skydog1000) he lives there:)

Amigo,
He and I was just PMing. He wants to hook up. I thought he was in your hood.
I was talking about maybe meeting at McAlester on 1 on the way to Mena.

Hope I get to meet you and Skip. Let's PARTY!
1olbull

Amigo,
He and I was just PMing. He wants to hook up. I thought he was in your hood.
I was talking about maybe meeting at McAlester on 1 on the way to Mena.

Hope I get to meet you and Skip. Let's PARTY!

1olbull
When you get to Enid just stay on 412 until you hit Tulsa, ride with Paul and i will get Skip if he has time to spare:)

When you get to Enid just stay on 412 until you hit Tulsa, ride with Paul and i will get Skip if he has time to spare:)

I shall be in contact as we approach Enid and have our arrival day zeroed in.
1olbull

Back