CADFather, Ringgold, Georgia

Georgia Peach of a Ride

CADPOP..... You've both chosen wisely with the Rocket. Best "Bang for the Buck" in the market place.

I catch myself riding without all the proper gear when it's just around my neighborhood or local runs under 10 miles with no highway or Interstate travel. Then I realize you can do lots of damage going 35 if you run into something or someone.... whether it's standing still or they're doing 35.

Thanks for joining us and sharing a personal experience that, like Raymond said, helps remind us of our need to maximize awareness when riding and getting used to how the R3 responds to different stimuli.

When an emergency arises.... you only have an instant to react. There's no time to analyze the situation and conclude an appropriate action to take. You just instinctively do what will be..... you hope....the right maneuver.

Cad Pop:

I like that. Welcome to the R3Owners.Net. This is a 'wild' bunch, except me. As usual, I'm bringing up the tail end, but that's okay. I usually get the leftovers.:)

It's all fun here.:D

There is nothing wrong with riding tailgunner, Flip.

I rode a Yamaha Roadstar Warrior for close to 5 years, it was an early 02 model. I still have the bike and look at it occasionally to remind myself, even when you are doing everything right, if someone else is doing everything wrong the outcome is not pretty a lot of the time. But I refuse to go treading easily through life only to arrive safely at death.

Thanks to all for having me aboard, I'm looking foward to getting to e-know you guys and maybe just possibly ride with some of you.

CadFather:

Riding with a few of us is a distinct possibility. We have more than a few 'Captains' around you that post on this site and you need to check out 'Rockets Across America II, a thread by Raymond Braswell. We are planning a Captain's rendezvous in Nashville in July. (I can't believe I spelled 'rendezvous' without spell check).:eek:

Ray thinks 'Black is Faster' but let the truth be known his depth perception is a little off.:D

Hmmph, Black is faster

Alright, I can see that this is going to take some explaining here too. I had to explain this on the Road* Warrior forum a few years ago. All bikes leave the factory painted the same fru, fru color (Green:D ). But with the passage of time/speed that color changes. There is a natural progression in the change a lot like a heat chart. The heat generated by the speed cooks off any paint and leaves a nice silver finish, then as the bike gets ridden again with more speed that silver will turn to Red, then again it will turn to orange, then yellow, then white and eventually blue and finally when the metal has been friction heated to the highest degree possible it turns a lovely shade of BLACK. The same as the SR-71 blackbird did with its titanium skin, paint would not stay on it. So if you have a color other than black, you just havn't ridden fast enough yet to turn it.;) The potential for black is there, its just up to you to let it out.:roll:

BTW thanks for the heads-up about the Nashville rally, I posted in it and I am planning on being there.

Joe

What if.....

Paul:

You are absolutely right. Besides, a spin off to a pink bike would be a nice sideline vocation........Selling Mary Kay cosmetics and Victoria's Secret nighties.......:D

I guess the sixty-four dollar question is who is modelling what?

Come on baby.:bch:

Last edited:
Back