Break-in period/limited power?

I just followed the manufacturer's recommendations on sticking to the rev limits etc. Mine doesn't burn oil (or at least not that I've noticed). I didn't notice any power restrictions during running it in.

Again, thanks guys. My question was answered.

I don't want to be rude. And I appreciate the opinions posted. I just didn't want this to turn into a "break-in procedure" debate. I've been a member of many car, motorcycle, atv forums over the years and have witnessed the arguing over which method (or any) should be used. That was/is never my intention. :)

Again, thanks guys. My question was answered.

I don't want to be rude. And I appreciate the opinions posted. I just didn't want this to turn into a "break-in procedure" debate. I've been a member of many car, motorcycle, atv forums over the years and have witnessed the arguing over which method (or any) should be used. That was/is never my intention. :)
But.... because of the dynamics of this group and the need to..... ahem.... discuss, yah that's the word, discuss all topics, you have opened Pandora's box. You my friend won't have any control over that..... LOL. It's the same when anyone asks, what's the best oil or tires, helmets, riding gloves/gear, boots, exhaust headers, engine tunes, headlights, heated grips, windshields, seats...... It's actually a good thing causing some of us to test known practices and potential myths enabling all of us to learn.

Bring it on.

Look squirrel! :)

One question for someone. My RPM's are stuck at 6500 and going into the tray I can't move the RPM's up to 7000. I can descend but not ascend the numbers. I have more than enough mileage above what the Manuel states. Was the dealer suppose to download something on the 600 mile service so I could raise the RPM's after the 1000 miles? I'm rarely if ever going to hit the rev limiter but if it's suppose to go to 7K then I want 7K. Thanks in advance.

One question for someone. My RPM's are stuck at 6500 and going into the tray I can't move the RPM's up to 7000. I can descend but not ascend the numbers. I have more than enough mileage above what the Manuel states. Was the dealer suppose to download something on the 600 mile service so I could raise the RPM's after the 1000 miles? I'm rarely if ever going to hit the rev limiter but if it's suppose to go to 7K then I want 7K. Thanks in advance.
As I understand it you should be able to hit 7000rpm in 1sr 2nd 3rd and 4th but not in 5th and 6th. But I could have misunderstood

As I understand it you should be able to hit 7000rpm in 1sr 2nd 3rd and 4th but not in 5th and 6th. But I could have misunderstood
The Manuel has the RPM at 7000. My tray is set at 6500. I can't change it up but I can move it down to a lower RPM. I'll call the dealer and sort it out. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Sorry guys, maybe I didn't ask my question properly. Break in procedure isn't what I'm asking about. I'm asking "Is the engine/performance restricted during break-in?". Basically, when break-in is completed, and first service completed, am I going to hop onto the bike, and get an unexpected new amount of power?
That's what I thought you were asking.

The Manuel has the RPM at 7000. My tray is set at 6500. I can't change it up but I can move it down to a lower RPM. I'll call the dealer and sort it out. Thanks.:thumbsup:
Is there something in the display that tells you the rev limit?

Is there something in the display that tells you the rev limit?
The Owners Handbook under Display setup-shift indicator it has 7000 RPM under 'user defined' and over 'Reset'. It may be for the TFC since it came out first and then again I may be reading it wrong. I know part of It is for the RPM reading to be highlighted with an orange color for higher RPM's. I guess I'm chasing a Unicorn that I manifested in my mind. Thanks.

The Owners Handbook under Display setup-shift indicator it has 7000 RPM under 'user defined' and over 'Reset'. It may be for the TFC since it came out first and then again I may be reading it wrong. I know part of It is for the RPM reading to be highlighted with an orange color for higher RPM's. I guess I'm chasing a Unicorn that I manifested in my mind. Thanks.
The TFC does have 500 more rpm than the other models.

Back