brakes & the bleeding saga

Yup
Been mulling it over for a couple months. Can't get it out of my head the last week or so

You a Sasquatch - me not!
That seat height of almost 33 inches is a deal killer for me.
I barely handle my R3R seat at 30 inches.

Yup

Been mulling it over for a couple months. Can't get it out of my head the last week or so

I really doubt it would be as good a long hauler as the R3R, especially regarding comfort.
Think I shall go learn more about this monster . . .

OH NO! It runs Metzeler tires!!!!!!!!!!!

Hel makes a kit > Triumph Rocket III Roadster ABS (2011-2013)

My thoughts are not about increasing brake line durability or braking performance. More along the lines of ridding my rocket of the unneeded hose routing and splits. Again, something I just need to sit and look at before I make up my mind... If the rocket doesn't end up at the KTM dealer first.

I must be missing something, but, I don't see anyway to route them other how it's already done if you want to maintain ABS functionality. Curious to see the details when you get around to it.

I was thinking that race bikes frequently have both front lines run seperate right up to the master cylinder where they double up mount and considering this, which would also make it easy for me to llengthen the line a little to better acommadate bars with more pull back.

I really doubt it would be as good a long hauler as the R3R, especially regarding comfort.
Think I shall go learn more about this monster . . .

OH NO! It runs Metzeler tires!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah but others make tires of the stock size

I honestly have no idea what I am going to do.

That wont work with the ABS system we have, but, it was how people modified the R3 front brakes, and Daytonas as well, prior to ABS being fitted to them all.

I must be missing something, but, I don't see anyway to route them other how it's already done if you want to maintain ABS functionality. Curious to see the details when you get around to it.

I was thinking that race bikes frequently have both front lines run seperate right up to the master cylinder where they double up mount and considering this, which would also make it easy for me to llengthen the line a little to better acommadate bars with more pull back.

There is at least 1 Rocket on here with individual front lines with a double banjo at the master cylinder. I am pretty sure it is a non ABS though.

And it may not be possible on ABS, just need to find some time to look at how the lines run

I don't understand all this discussion of brake lines and ABS.

I have ABS and fitted HEL lines (color matching red sheath) front. No one anywhere in the process mentioned anything about ABS.

I thought ABS was primarily based on the sensor input on both wheels measuring rotation velocity and integrating acceleration.

What am I missing ?

I don't understand all this discussion of brake lines and ABS.

I have ABS and fitted HEL lines (color matching red sheath) front. No one anywhere in the process mentioned anything about ABS.

I thought ABS was primarily based on the sensor input on both wheels measuring rotation velocity and integrating acceleration.

What am I missing ?

Do you have 2 individual lines going from the master cylinder directly to the calipers?

Or did you buy the kit that has the same number of lines running the same route?.

We are discussing the former instance

Back