brakes & the bleeding saga

25737072-E807-44AF-AB06-42CADA643286.jpeg
Here’s mine although only bought these as they were cheaper than running a splitter in a 3 line system and slightly longer to accommodate the new bars without straining.
When fitting the leading link for my sidecar I had to extend and re route the front brake lines. I have a ABS Roadster so the 2 lines from the master cylinder was not an option.

As indicated in the attached picture only the lines from the connector under the right hand neck cover to the brakes needed replacement. So for those with length issues for custom bars ect. it will only need the line from the same joiner to master cylinder. (Note check the union required at the joiner)

Attachments

• rocket brakes.png
    rocket brakes.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 5
I also run dual long lines with a double banjo at the master cylinder. 2008 standard.

Good to hear, but you are not ABS.
Wondering that if I do this to my 2012 R3R, will it affect my ABS?

Two lines from master cylinder will bypass the ABS. See my post #31 only the line from the master cylinder to abs top union will need replacing.

Thanks for your response and Nice graphic!
I stole it for my own records.
I see 23 as the electronic ABS connection.
What is the ABS influence from 34, the joiner?
Seems the joiner could be replaced as well as the three brake lines, no?
That 34 joiner does not look to me as conducive to removing/replacing any of the three lines.

34 is just the mounting bolt, the splitter running to the two calipers is connected to 16, and its permanent. The union at the ABS unit end of #16 would be another challenge

It wouldn't be hard to replace with custom lines though using something like this, or just a simple 3 way splitter:
ATV-Line-T-Block.jpg

The harder part will be the rear portion of #16, back towards the ABS module.

Thanks for your response and Nice graphic!
I stole it for my own records.
I see 23 as the electronic ABS connection.
What is the ABS influence from 34, the joiner?
Seems the joiner could be replaced as well as the three brake lines, no?
That 34 joiner does not look to me as conducive to removing/replacing any of the three lines.

Part # 16 is 3 lines joined and and replaced as 1 item.
Part # 9 is joined to Part # 16 and goes to ABS Unit. (It is a screw Union)
Part # 8 returns from ABS Unit and is connected to Line to master cylinder (It is a screw Union)
Part # 16 is not connected to the line from the master cylinder at the block under the side neck cover it is 2 separate connections but fixed to the frame by a bracket.

The three lower lines are replaced as 1 unit so yes the joiner is replaced as well ( This is what I did as the leading link required much longer lines. i now have a custom built line with a T joiner)

For those wishing to fit higher bars than only the line from item # 8 to the master cylinder needs replacing.

You are correct the item 23 is the front ABS pickup.

Appreciate all the info!!!
Tis the front link for mounting a side hack?

Back