Brake rotors - bent

PVaitkunas

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3R
Has anyone had to have a rotor done yet? A poor cat ran out infront of me. Couldn’t find an owner so it must be a farm stray that’s buried now. At least I didn’t go down with him. Anyway; the rotor is bent and pushes the brake piston in causing a very soft lever and less than ideal operation. Wondering what the cost at the dealer might be or if it’s worth doing it myself. Working on things this new and critical worries me even if it’s simple

Is the rotor bent or are there mortal remains of the lately departed mouse chaser in the rotor mounting points, preventing the floating disks from floating, and fixing them off kilter?

It wasn’t very big, but he was ripping full speed. I believe when his neck stopped so suddenly his rear continued on and slightly bent the assembly. I already used a plastic brush to clean it just for that reason. The pad opposite his impact floats about .070” after rolling across that section of disk. I’ll double check to see if the disk is simply stuck to one side like you said. Although my rocket disks never clacked around like the full floaters on my old Ducati, it could be binding on debris

Back