Blue Mountain Brewery

hombre

Nitrous
I'm fortunate to live near some of the greatest riding in the USA... the Blue Ridge Mountains. One of my favorite "loops" is Virginia RT6 out to RT 151, turn South to RT56 and take it up to Skyline Drive and turn North. If you get on the Parkway from RT56, there's no Park fee, and 56 goes through Crabtree Falls with it's tight twisties. If you've never ridden Skyline Drive early morn', you haven't lived. Anyway, there's now a place to stop if you get off Skyline Drive at Rockfish Gap (RT 250). Blue Mountain Brewery has opened in Afton on RT 151. Microbrews, blues, and food... so stop after you do the loop! Free tasting until April 1rst.

Blue Mountain Brewery and Hops Farm - Nelson County Virginia

We go all over that area on our overnights.. Drop down to Christiensburg to spend the night then get up at the crack of dawwn and ride the BRP..
Then head either along the roads your refering to on the way to Rt33 in WV to Senica rock!!! Awesome rides, beautiful country!

Blue Ridge Ride Report:

Partly cloudy, but 70F! Plenty of sand and grit on twisties going up Crabtree Falls, some fallen rock... and one huge boulder! Still snow on shoulders up top (Skyline Drive @ 3300Ft) melting across roadway, wet patches but no black ice, sand or grit. They don't salt the top... just close it! Fried oysters in season at Lovingston Cafe! :cool:

Blue Ridge Ride Report:

Partly cloudy, but 70F! Plenty of sand and grit on twisties going up Crabtree Falls, some fallen rock... and one huge boulder! Still snow on shoulders up top (Skyline Drive @ 3300Ft) melting across roadway, wet patches but no black ice, sand or grit. They don't salt the top... just close it! Fried oysters in season at Lovingston Cafe! :cool:

Did your route today enjoying the 80 deg weather. First time on the Crabtree Falls
road. When they say 20 mph on some of them corners, they mean it!! Saw your
boulder, too. :eek:

Talked to a good group of Goldwingers up on the BRP and convinced a couple to go
darkside. :D

I was looking for the Blue Mountain Brewery and blew past the turn off to 151. Since I
was running a little behind schedule, I decided to hoof it on home. Next time will find
the Brewery and stop in for a sample. Thanks for the route info.

Did your route today enjoying the 80 deg weather. First time on the Crabtree Falls
road. When they say 20 mph on some of them corners, they mean it!! Saw your
boulder, too. :eek:

Talked to a good group of Goldwingers up on the BRP and convinced a couple to go
darkside. :D

I was looking for the Blue Mountain Brewery and blew past the turn off to 151. Since I
was running a little behind schedule, I decided to hoof it on home. Next time will find
the Brewery and stop in for a sample. Thanks for the route info.

Glad you enjoyed the route! Crabtree Falls is a good "primer"... beautiful too! Can't imagine trying it darkside. Just remember that it's even more difficult if you run it downhill! :eek:

I've got more great routes in the Blue Ridge. They are SPECTACULAR in the Spring. We'll have to meet up at Lovingston Cafe one weekend for "kicks on RT6". :cool:

That would be great. I want to take the spousal unit along next time to show her the route. There are a few fancy homes up in the hollar that were nice to look and dream about.

Back