Bike won't start after Resource ECU map installed - Solved

@Rocket_Rider Thank you for the suggestion to reload the tune. Your explanation was especially helpful. The third and final time to load the tune worked. In my searches of various threads, I had not seen that particular suggestion. For some reason the first two loads did not take. I had thought based on one thread I had read, that the tune might have been corrupted in the download process, so I downloaded it again and installed it again. Still no start. It passed all of the tests in TuneECU as well. Installed the tune again (this was the third time) and this time it worked. Be sure to follow the installation instructions on Home | TuneECU. You will need to create a login to access the boards. The how-to section with various instructions is found here: How To. So if anyone has a similar problem as I did, try installing it until it works. Again, thanks to all for the various suggestions.

You are more than welcome - glad it helped! Having used the same downloaded file I had the benefit of knowing it wasn’t a corrupted file.

I have learnt whenever flashing anything electronic with what is essentially similar to new firmware its really important to be exact about whatever message is prompted by the program when you are doing it..... sometimes in practice it doesn’t matter but usually it does and is why the coder created the message...

I don’t get exactly why there is the error that results in the symptoms we have both experienced without any other obvious signs except i guess that’s what happens if the tune flashed isn’t received well or there is a problem with the transfer of data? I am using the lonelec cable reccomended for this process. I have found I have more success with my samsung galaxy tablet than my laptop which i suspect is a worn USB port on the laptop that may interfere with the cable sending data..... Perhaps if the data gets corrupted as a result of an imperfect transfer? Data as we known is binary so it doesn’t take much to stuff up the whole thing.

Back