Best Tire Size for Handling

Rear tires often have three compounds with the firmest in center and softer moving towards outer edges. This can give more grip when leaned over than a mono compound front tire. The 150-70 profile also matches well with the 240 rear reducing "understeer" from a narrower 140 profile.

Rear tires often have three compounds with the firmest in center and softer moving towards outer edges. This can give more grip when leaned over than a mono compound front tire. The 150-70 profile also matches well with the 240 rear reducing "understeer" from a narrower 140 profile.
So Speedy you endorse this rear tire on the front also?

My first try at a rear on the front was Blaines. Liked it very much. I must admit though after trying Ricks bike with the the Michelin Road 5 on it and Steve is not kidding about the grip. I'll be setting one of my rims up with one to go back with me.

@1olbull -- What about a tire chart for Touring ?

Ya just had to put my butt to work . . .
Tires_Possible Rocket Touring.jpg

Certainly! Where do you think Steve got the idea?;)
I have run rear tires backwards on the R3 for 5 years now.

I first ran the Avon Azaro back in 2013, and I like most all your ideas, Amigo!:inlove
I remember Patrick @albertaduke and Chris @barbagris running it. Several others as well that I forget who.

Back