Best Deal on Front Tires I could find

CADFather

Supercharged
The best price that I could find on front tires for the Rock were from Jake Wilson in Utah. http://www.jakewilson.com The price is $185.99 and includes free shipping, but if you click the summer special link, it gives you a code for $20 off for purchases over $150. That puts the price down to $165.99 with free shipping. Personally I don't see the need for a VR rated tire for a bike that won't run but 130 MPH so I run the H rated tire, same load rating just lower speed. That tire is only $145.99 so I ordered some Dyna Beads from them to get the order amount over the $150 to get the $20 discount. There are other codes for amounts other than that as well, but check them out and see for yourself. Oh and the free shipping is only for orders over $99 and the contiguous 48.

CAD

Dunlop D404 works for me on the front. Got 8k out of this one but replacing it early prior to Rockets Across America IV gathering. Local car tire shop that mounted my darkside tire for $10 is a Dunlop dealer so I'm throwing business his way and he's giving me the tire for $135 + $10 mounting.

# H - for speeds up to 129 MPH
# V - for speeds up to 149 MPH

It's my opinion that the only reason the Rocket comes with a V rated tire is that there is not an option in between the H and V rating. If there was one that was rated to 139 MPH that is what the Rocket would have come with, since that is faster than a stock Rocket will go, even without correcting the speedometer.

I know for a fact that my Rocket will never go above the H speed rating, at least not while I'm on it. For one I don't think it is capable of it and two I've got too much good sense to do it. So I run the H rated tire, but still a Metzler.

Back