Best available touring seat w/backrest, and best value for adaptive headlight pack (all 3 lights)?

1Steve

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket Touring
Guys, I'm now a few months into owning my 2015 R3T here in the desert of PHX and would like to get her long haul ready before the good riding weather shows up.
SEAT: I would like a backrest and am trying to figure out the best available seat option as the Triumph Long Haul seat seems to no longer have the backrest available.
What is the best value touring seat w/backrest among the alternatives? I have a Mustang on my Vulcan and that thing is crazy comfortable but no idea if the Mustang Rocket seat is comparable and it's well over $800, which is a lot.

LIGHTS: I would also like to light up the sky when riding so I am considering replacing all three lights on the assembly (not sure what the two smaller lights are called) and I see a lot of folks saying that there are knockoff versions of Daymakers for the Rocket Touring.
Which light kits would you guys use to replace all 3 lights? Ideally I would prefer not increase the draw too much as I'm also likely to run a lead to a heated gear setup for parts of the winter. I will probably put an aftermarket airhorn on to crank that up and I'll have a cord charging my phone. That's all the aftermarket electronics I expect her to get.

I'm not a great mechanic but can usually follow instructions okay. I have a local shop that I can have install anything too complicated for my skillset if necessary. I would like to keep costs as low as possible, but comfort (seat) and visibility (lights) are the most important.

Thanks!

I have the original R3T Longhaul Dual with Rider's backrest but am using a Mustang Dual at the moment. I will probably take the LD with backrest on longer trips like our annual RDU in October.
Both are much better than the stock R3T dual, which many find quite good if they have only ridden dual headlight Rockets with stock seats before! ;):roll::roll:

I have sold a few Longhauls with Riders backrests for about US$500 in the last year or so.
Corbins duals with two backrests are about $1200.
Best price for new option:
Mustang with backrest $815
Mustang 79781 Two-Piece Seat with Driver Backrest, Vintage Triumph Rocket III
Mustang 79781 Two-Piece Seat with Driver Backrest, Vintage Triumph Rocket III | eBay

I have a Russell Daylong Solo on my Roadster and they are truly unexcelled. To embellish but not excel ;) I have a custom made bracket to use the Triumph Longhaul Riders backrest with it too.

Last edited:
Back