Battery recommendations

I have had at least 2 battery tenders go bad and still act like they were charging. You need to check their output voltage with them actually hooked to the battery. I now use nothing but a good Optimate on my bike and my generator. Here in Michigan the batteries are forced to be unused for 4-5 months. They do a way better job of maintaining and conditioning the battery. Pricey compared to some of the other chargers but worth the money. I also like the NOCO chargers as well. The NOCO Genius G3500 would be a good second choice. I use that on the 5th wheel battery.

I agree. I use an Optimate 6 and it works great. In fact, my battery is hooked up to it right now (out of the bike for the winter) and the battery is always hooked up to the Optimate when not riding.

Hi guys , after some info on batteries, went to start the rocket today after disconnecting the trickle charger and the bike wouldn’t start , lights and gauges went stupid and when I hit the start button it went click and nothing . If it’s the battery what do you guys recommend. I had to take out the Hayabusa instead .

I've also had this problem in the past. Was loose battery connections, I just removed all leads and cleaned all the connections with a small wire brush I had.

At the time being new to Rockets I also found that this beast needs a well charged battery to turn it over, as I also had the same problem when the old battery was undercharged.

I checked that site, and they do not include the 2015 year of the r3t, which is what I have.
Will this battery work with my year? What is different with this one year?
Seems odd.

I have found sometimes you come up without a match for the Rocket on websites. Get the battery @Jag recommended and you will be good. No issues!

Steve, you're really good about including links . . . I'm curious about the 320 CCA battery - can't find it . . . typo perhaps ?

I haven't had a chance to pull my seat yet, but when i bought mine { just went to their site and entered my make and model and ordered what they said fit, this is what came up. Mine has to be 5 years old and tender got accidentally unplugged, three months in a Buffalo winter in an unheated barn , Carpenter kit and 1.4kw starter, bike started. bought 4 or 5 of them for different bikes so far. And they give you the dimensions, too.

BATTERIES

Edit: I found my order, that's the correct one. 4 years old, not 5

Last edited:
Turns out my Yuasa battery was original -- I suppose after five years it was due.

Went with the Duracell posted earlier (multiple fine choices) only because I was off work today, and my wife wanted a "377" button battery for her favorite $15 Casio wristwatch, and we went to the local Batteries Plus and the Duracell was on the shelf. Two-year total replacement warranty - may be overkill, but it's in the bike and I'm a happy camper.

Back