Battery recommendations

Yuasa is always my choice. Still, every 3 years and it's gone....even though it is still working. I buy them off Amazon. They come dry and you acidize them so they are always fresh. Let them set several hours, charge overnight and go. The beast wants what the beast wants and that is a good battery for starting.

Hi guys , after some info on batteries, went to start the rocket today after disconnecting the trickle charger and the bike wouldn’t start , lights and gauges went stupid and when I hit the start button it went click and nothing . If it’s the battery what do you guys recommend. I had to take out the Hayabusa instead .

I have had at least 2 battery tenders go bad and still act like they were charging. You need to check their output voltage with them actually hooked to the battery. I now use nothing but a good Optimate on my bike and my generator. Here in Michigan the batteries are forced to be unused for 4-5 months. They do a way better job of maintaining and conditioning the battery. Pricey compared to some of the other chargers but worth the money. I also like the NOCO chargers as well. The NOCO Genius G3500 would be a good second choice. I use that on the 5th wheel battery.

Yuasa is always my choice. Still, every 3 years and it's gone....even though it is still working. I buy them off Amazon. They come dry and you acidize them so they are always fresh. Let them set several hours, charge overnight and go. The beast wants what the beast wants and that is a good battery for starting.

the Yuasa battery in Jags post clearly says on the front of it that it is made in the USA...

the 'same' battery on Amazon does not say where it is made (probably China)...

does it make a difference?...I'm gonna go with summit racing simply because I don't trust anything made in China (probably old school thinking but it is what it is)

the Yuasa battery in Jags post clearly says on the front of it that it is made in the USA...

the 'same' battery on Amazon does not say where it is made (probably China)...

does it make a difference?...I'm gonna go with summit racing simply because I don't trust anything made in China (probably old school thinking but it is what it is)

I just went downstairs and pulled out the new battery (waiting for spring) I bought off Amazon. Does this answer your question? :rolleyes:

67F31689-8384-4FAC-AC80-AC1A3875D339.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
For 12 years, I’ve used these exclusively, in my street bikes, ATV’s, snowmobiles. Great quality/longevity, made in the US, and at a reasonable price.

Good idea staying away from Lithium. The highest CCA that will fit. There are some good batteries. Do you ride when it is below freezing? If yes, I would highly recommend carrying a small jumper box

Thanks! No, I don't ride when it's below freezing but i do keep a jumper box in my saddle bag and I'm hooking up a jumper cable to the battery this spring with a connector that I can connect to the jumper box, if needed, without removing the seat. I keep my battery plugged into my Optimate 6 when not riding. In the winter, I remove the battery and it's on the Optimate all winter long. I also do a load test at least once a year. I'm glad to read from others that the Yuasa batteries are good. Mine still tests fine but I figured it would probably need replacing in the not too distant future. But, from a couple responses here, it may last for quite a while longer.

Last edited:
Thanks, folks, for the helpful replies. Sorry I didn't respond to thank you all sooner. I was busy with stuff and forgot about posting my question until today.

Back