Battery recommendations

ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
The Yuasa battery that came with my 2015 R3T is still going strong but I'm guessing I'll probably be replacing it this year. I'd like to hear recommendations for replacement batteries. Good experiences, bad experiences, etc., with different batteries. What do you recommend? What batteries would you avoid? I should note that I'm not going with a lithium battery so I'd appreciate the thread not getting side-tracked with a discussion of the pros and cons of lithium batteries. I'm only interested in recommendations for standard AGM batteries.

Thanks in advance.

I have found that the Yuasa batteries are an excellent choice. If looked after, they last a very long time. For once the manufacturer picked a quality part instead of going with the cheapest one. Still running the original Yuasa battery in my 2012 Roadster.

The time I did replace the OEM on my America with an Exide, it had to be replaced twice on warranty. The original Yuasa had been in the bike for 8 years and was replaced because it seemed like a good preventative measure. Boy, was I wrong.

Using a battery tender on the battery when not in use greatly increases the life.

Last edited:
Good idea staying away from Lithium. The highest CCA that will fit. There are some good batteries. Do you ride when it is below freezing? If yes, I would highly recommend carrying a small jumper box

Hi Zone111 just replaced my standard battery with a yuasa YTX20HL-BS-PW the bike has never spun over as quick would highly recommend, don't know what the PW means but originally was going for YTX20HL-BS .

I recently installed a Duracell DURAGM-20L-US battery. Got it through BatteriesPlus. It comes with a two year replacement warranty. If it goes bad anytime in the two years they replace it. I believe it is made by East Penn Manufacturing who make Deka batteries. If you order it off the internet and pick it up in the store, you can get 10% off the price. The store near me gave me the discount just by mentioning it without having to order over the internet. Went to the store, mentioned the discount, and went home with the battery.

Hi guys , after some info on batteries, went to start the rocket today after disconnecting the trickle charger and the bike wouldn’t start , lights and gauges went stupid and when I hit the start button it went click and nothing . If it’s the battery what do you guys recommend. I had to take out the Hayabusa instead .

Hi guys , after some info on batteries, went to start the rocket today after disconnecting the trickle charger and the bike wouldn’t start , lights and gauges went stupid and when I hit the start button it went click and nothing . If it’s the battery what do you guys recommend. I had to take out the Hayabusa instead .

You probably have a loose battery connection at the battery. Check the connections to the frame and starter if the battery ones are tight.

Yuasa is my recommendation.

Back