Badger vs triumph rocket touring

After reading some of your posts we have bears , armadillos, wild boar roos and possums. If we had all these in the UK I would be sh## scared to go out of my front door !. The only thing that can cause you any grief here are cold callers trying to sell you something you dont want ( vermin they are. )

out on the Nullabar Plains where the big Red Roos live I have seen a car written off after hitting one, and it is not uncommon to hit a big grey (more common around coastal regions) to hit a car with a glancing blow and cause quite some damage get up and hop away, hit a roo on a bike and you go and buy a lottery ticket if you don't go down the road big time. Then we have the Wombats hit one of them and they will do some serious damage they have been known to take out a front wheel of a semi trailer truck, they are like hitting a big rock,... solid as one too :rolleyes:

At tarago on the way home from batemans bay at about 3am I passed a wombat on the road I couldn't believe how big it was

Last edited:
Speaking of things that hurt. I can remember once getting hit in the face by a bee at about 50mph, on one of my earlier japanese two stroke motorbikes, it felt like half a brick .ever since anything above 40mph I tend to drop the visor down.

Yep. Back in the early 70's, hit one of those yellow/brown grass hoppers bare chested. Felt like a brick.

Unfortunately

Our unit lost a rider in NJ last weekend. Leaving work at night and riding home, struck a deer...not sure of too many details other than neither he nor the deer survived.
Reminds me why I don't care much for riding at night (particularly country roads), and why I slow down to a crawl at night if I'm within 20 miles of a cornfield!

A toast to another lost rider! :bch: Stay safe my kindred spirits!

I've had some close calls, but been lucky so far. But my cousin was riding my Intruder 1400 at night, and hit a 5 foot alligator. Luckily he didn't go down, unfortunately the gator got away.

My cousin loaned his first r3 to his best
mate several years ago up at tincan bay .unfortunately for him he was diverted from the road and struck a large tree
They went looking for him and found his lifeless body at the base of the tree. Really sad as he left behind a wife and and a young family

hit an owl years ago on my 72 bonne shattered the headlight broke blinker off swung around **** thing grabbed the inside of my leg couple inches below the parts most important to me **** THAT HURT

Back