Bad vibration in the front end.

I had a similar shake on my R3T. Changed both sets of pads. When I tightened the left side caliper to the bike I didn't have the caliper feet in the grove on the bike. Shook at higher braking speeds. Loosen up each set of bolts, and give the caliper a shake, and found the left side not exactly right. Realigned the caliper, problem solved.

Just a learning experience

I had a similar shake on my R3T. Changed both sets of pads. When I tightened the left side caliper to the bike I didn't have the caliper feet in the grove on the bike. Shook at higher braking speeds. Loosen up each set of bolts, and give the caliper a shake, and found the left side not exactly right. Realigned the caliper, problem solved.

Just a learning experience

Thank you all for your input. I will follow each tip and let you know how I get on.

I went and picked my bike up yesterday. He said he would work on it on Friday but only had managed to check the balance of the front wheel and run out of the disks. He said they were perfect. He said that it would be right to take away for an upcoming two up trip....... ? I can’t stress enough. The fork vibration is extreme over 100 kph.

- I checked the forum on tyre choices as I said. I was sure there was no matching front from Bridgestone and that the popular option was an Avon on the front. I told him that and he said I was wrong and that Bridgestone made one specifically for the rocket, he fits them to heaps of rockets and highly recommends them. I thought Bridgestone must have started making them after the threads I’d read. I’m away from the bike at the moment and don’t know what tyre was actually fitted. All I noticed was it was an Excedra not an Excedra Max. I’ll follow this up on Monday. I’m thinking a slight vibration was there before that I blamed the worn tyre for but this tyre really magnified it. It still needs to be fixed.

- I turned and cleaned the bobbins holding the disks to the rims as this came up in the net search as a possible cause at higher speeds. No difference.

I won’t get home until later next week so will get into it then.

Thanks again.

Thank you all for your input. I will follow each tip and let you know how I get on.

I went and picked my bike up yesterday. He said he would work on it on Friday but only had managed to check the balance of the front wheel and run out of the disks. He said they were perfect. He said that it would be right to take away for an upcoming two up trip....... ? I can’t stress enough. The fork vibration is extreme over 100 kph.

- I checked the forum on tyre choices as I said. I was sure there was no matching front from Bridgestone and that the popular option was an Avon on the front. I told him that and he said I was wrong and that Bridgestone made one specifically for the rocket, he fits them to heaps of rockets and highly recommends them. I thought Bridgestone must have started making them after the threads I’d read. I’m away from the bike at the moment and don’t know what tyre was actually fitted. All I noticed was it was an Excedra not an Excedra Max. I’ll follow this up on Monday. I’m thinking a slight vibration was there before that I blamed the worn tyre for but this tyre really magnified it. It still needs to be fixed.

- I turned and cleaned the bobbins holding the disks to the rims as this came up in the net search as a possible cause at higher speeds. No difference.

I won’t get home until later next week so will get into it then.

Thanks again.

Can a balancing machine speed up a tyre @ 80mph?

UPDATE.

After tightening the steering head bearings, then replacing them (the top race was marked) and all the other tips, nothing changed. I reluctantly replaced the disks and pads. They all were hardly worn.

Problem solved.

Thank you all.

Back