Back turn (direction) indicator lights issue

cmintegra

.020 Over
Ride
2020 rocket 3 GT
Hello Folks, sharing my issue in search of enlighten here...

When I took delivery of my 2020 GT I noticed that the back turning indicators were wrongly wired (when you selected right turn both the front indicator and the arrow in the instrument panel were fine but the functioning indicator in the back was the left...) quick trip back to the dealer and they switched the connectors back in the assembly and voilà .... BUT...

Now from time to time, I get either the general warning symbol, the faulty light symbol (and corresponding message on the tray) and the back light stops working for a while to resume proper functioning by itself but maybe in an hour or the next ride, it fails again without any specific pattern (sometimes fails the left, sometime the right) always fixing the issue by itself (FOR NOW AT LEAST...)

Any thoughts, ideas? anyone else with the same or similar issue?

happy riding!

Hello Folks, sharing my issue in search of enlighten here...

When I took delivery of my 2020 GT I noticed that the back turning indicators were wrongly wired (when you selected right turn both the front indicator and the arrow in the instrument panel were fine but the functioning indicator in the back was the left...) quick trip back to the dealer and they switched the connectors back in the assembly and voilà .... BUT...

Now from time to time, I get either the general warning symbol, the faulty light symbol (and corresponding message on the tray) and the back light stops working for a while to resume proper functioning by itself but maybe in an hour or the next ride, it fails again without any specific pattern (sometimes fails the left, sometime the right) always fixing the issue by itself (FOR NOW AT LEAST...)

Any thoughts, ideas? anyone else with the same or similar issue?

happy riding!
WOW sorry to hear... I'll be monitoring this thread to see how it goes. My best to you!
-MIG

I would be having a go at the dealer for not doing the predelivery check properly. What else did they miss. Let the dealer know of the continuing problem and make sure they log it. Also give them the opportunity to fix it under warranty. Obviously a wiring fault, but make them find and fix it.

Maybe the dealer effed up the connectors when disconnecting and reconnecting and now it's loose. They should fix it.

I would be having a go at the dealer for not doing the predelivery check properly. What else did they miss. Let the dealer know of the continuing problem and make sure they log it. Also give them the opportunity to fix it under warranty. Obviously a wiring fault, but make them find and fix it.
"Pre-delivery check? You make me laugh brother. I think they race to assemble these bikes in the shortest time humanly possible, and I doubt they ever check torques, screws, mounts....etc, much less turn signal function.

UPDATE...

During yesterday's ride the issue appeared in the left FRONT indicator instead on the back's ones, so now I'm guessing if the problem is in the electronics and not in the wiring. It corrected itself after a few minutes, but happened a couple of more times in a 2 hours ride. Once it fixed while running and once after restarting the bike, so not necessarily the CPU (does this bike have a CPU? LOL) reset was performed.

As long as it's an intermittent glitch, I'll continue monitoring and logging any pattern that may appear to share with the forum for our common knowledge data base ;)

Attachments

• 20210321_153740.jpg
    20210321_153740.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 39
UPDATE...

During yesterday's ride the issue appeared in the left FRONT indicator instead on the back's ones, so now I'm guessing if the problem is in the electronics and not in the wiring. It corrected itself after a few minutes, but happened a couple of more times in a 2 hours ride. Once it fixed while running and once after restarting the bike, so not necessarily the CPU (does this bike have a CPU? LOL) reset was performed.

As long as it's an intermittent glitch, I'll continue monitoring and logging any pattern that may appear to share with the forum for our common knowledge data base ;)
Agreed, electronics when logic no longer resembles logic. The can-bus seems messed up by the sounds of it. It appears that you might have a claim for a new chassis ECM. Better get the entire experience documented to Triumph before it leaves you stranded somewhere.

second update:

As the issue continues happening, (with no specific pattern... sometimes the left front, right front, sometimes the back left...) I discovered that once the fault appears, if I keep using the affected side for a few minutes and again after self cancelling, it fixes by itself 10 or 15 seconds later.

Tomorrow the dealer will take a look at it, I'll post again if something useful arises.

Happy riding

in the benefit of anyone still following this subject, went to the dealer, the fault couldn't be reproduced so no fix for me. No error code either. of course, after a short ride leaving the dealer, it happened again... Anyway, I discovered that forcing the faulty signal a couple of times, fix the issue for a while, so unless this annoyance becomes permanent, I will keep using the "force it till it's fixed" procedure for now. If someone with much more technical knowledge have an idea, is always welcomed as the dealer has no explanation or solution so far.

Back