numbnuts57

.020 Over
Is it possible to remove the back torque limiter without removing the engine from the frame because i have what appears to be a lot of backlash in my transmission. sounds like metallic knocking on open and shutting throttle.

I'm not sure what you mean by back torque limiter. Could you elaborate a little more? Also it would help to know what year and type of rocket you have.

Is it possible to remove the back torque limiter without removing the engine from the frame because i have what appears to be a lot of backlash in my transmission. sounds like metallic knocking on open and shutting throttle.
Are you talking about removing the spring on the torsional damper shaft? That would add considerable stress and make the transmission lash worse.

If thats whathe was refuring to you would have tomake a special sleeve and onethat would still alow for the oil passages that feed thru the hollow shaft if you have extra slop there and sah a 2005 thru early 2008 and developed extra slop and noise I would bet the front bearing is toast and the helical gear is flopping around. You would probably have a mess of fragments in the bottom rear left of the oil sump pan. Lately will onthe technical library I was thinking of a way to inspect it withoutpulling the sump pan. Thoughts like would the be extra material stuck to the crank sensor or could one possibly snake a scope thru thrcrank sensor hole into that sump area or close enoughto view that area to look for the chewed up bearing cage parts? I wish I was home near my engine cases to have a look see. I would bet if you remove that spring you will break a lot of stuff. I would also suspect if you having extra slop there she is ate up.

Back