Back in the saddle

There was a case some years ago, on the ST1300 group, where the guy and his missus went *through* the deer. The photos were a mess, and in your imagination, you could just smell the guts.

I too think 1,100 lb should do better against a 110 lb deer, but I wasn't there (hit two with the same car, and really messed up the front end both times).

Glad you are here with us to tell the tale, and wish you a speedy recovery.

I would be interested, if you can remember, and care to share, how the situation unfolded, and what needs repairing on the bike.

Again, most pleased you are here.

Deer have become a real problem here in Oklahoma. Way to many of them. A few years back you would see one or two on the side of the road. Now days it is groups of them. Even in the city limits of Tulsa Oklahoma deer can be found late at night. Ride a lot at night and normally go no faster than 60 miles a hour with J.W. speakers (daymakers) Even so have had way to many close calls. They need to make some changes to deer season and the regulations. Over population is a understatement.

Good to read it wasn't a lot worse. I've known people who hit deer and were permanently hurt or killed. I am here in the heart of deer country where I live and constantly on the look out for them. Everyone in my family has hit at least one, fortunately never hit one with a motorcycle. I see them about every time I ride any where though.

Glad you are okay but please please please and this goes for everyone wait until you are 100% before jumping back on the bike, as we all know bikes are less forgiving than cars :eek: that split second longer it could take you could be the difference between ever riding again or even worse hurting someone else. A local guy had a bad accident and was hopping around taking all kind of pain pills long story short he rear ended a car and spent six weeks in hospital.
Please be careful.

i usually hunt deer with a rifle.:)
but i notice the rocket does a pretty good job. 2300 caliber.;)
i sure hope that i don't get a case of karma. :unsure:

Back