Back in the saddle

Waconut

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket Roadster, 04 Sprint RS, 66 T100R,
its been five days since I wrecked the Rocket and even though I'm still in house slippers due to the swelling in my leg and foot, I had to try. With patience I managed to get my leg over the Harley and found I could even get my foot up to the brake. Movement was stiff enough at first, I didn't trust going into town, but got in a great ride in the country. Since my route to work is all rural, that means I can stop driving to work and get back to riding! Now if I can just get the Rocket out of recovery and get some real boots on, I can go back to enjoying that addictive triple power . Hopefully my leg will heal by the time the Triumph gets back and neither one will take too long. I like the Harley but No comparison to the Rocket . BTW the deer lost

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    612.8 KB · Views: 1
good on you for climbing back into the saddle.
i'm glad you're on the mend.

good on you for climbing back into the saddle.
i'm glad you're on the mend.
Thanks. Took five days because I couldn't get my leg over a bike. Was gonna get on the Harley after I got home from the incident and go on to work. My wife took one look at my leg when I limped into the house to clean up and insisted she take me to get checked out. By the time I got home, there was NO getting my leg over a bike lol

I went down last August, 1st time in 35 years of riding. I waved off medical assistance at the scene and went to work the next day loaded down with Tylenol and such. Three days later my ankle wasn’t feeling much better and found out it was fractured.
The mental, spiritual, and technical assistance this forum provided allowed me to get the bike back on the highway.
Those of us that have been down and are now back in the saddle should consider ourselves very lucky. I love my bike and I love this forum (though not in the biblical sense).
Get well!

Glad your here to tell the tail ! Did it knock you down ? The one I hit last fall knocked me and the missus down. I wondered if it usually did. You'd think an 800 lb. motorcycle would knock a hundred lb. deer into next week. That wasn't the case with us. :(

Back