Camulus

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Roadster
I've just installed aux lights on my '13 Roadster and surprise, surprise they didn't work.

I have checked the circuit with a multimeter and there is no power at the fuse.

So, short of taking the fuse box out and "jiggling" it does anyone have any ideas???

Are their bulbs in the lights?? I think they sell them separately if you are using the OEM lights.

The problem is I don't appear to have any power at fuse #1 and as aux lights have never been fitted I don't believe anyone has messed with the wiring.

Fuses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 are all on a common buss
Either Fuse 1 is blown or you have a bad connection in the Fuse Socket.

Take your meter and put the black probe on battery negative and leave it there;
Take the red probe and touch it in turn to each of the two exposed terminals on the top of the fuse (with it still in position in the fuse box) - there is no need to turn on the key.
If you get 12V on one side but not on other, the fuse is blown
If you do not get 12V on either side, then you have to inspect the underside of the fuse panel to see if there is problem with the buss connection between the fuses.

Are you sure the fuse is not simply blown and when you install a new one, it blows immediately too? (in which case look to your aux light wiring for issues)

Thanks for the reply.
I use fuses with an LED indicator when they blow so pretty sure it's ok.
I put a probe on each connector with the fuse out and there was nothing, the other fuses registered the battery voltage when this was done.

Then check the buss connection on the underside of the box - as mentioned the common side of 1-7 should all be connected together

If you want to validate that is the problem (& that your lights otherwise work) take a small piece of wire, remove fuses 1 & 2 then re-insert the fuses pushing the blade in with the wire in the sockets to create a jumper between 1 & 2 (be sure to get the input side in both cases i.e. the side with 12V when the fuse i removed)

Back