Attention ALL Electrical Guru's

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
If you don't have me blocked you may know that I too am experiencing guage (clocks for you Brits ;-) problems. Started with odometer becoming dim, than trip meter re-setting to zero at start up. Went to look into it yesterday. Turned on key, no sweep, no idiot lights, no odometer. Lifted tank. Traced guage wires to large plug. Pulled plug apart. Not good, terminals all green. Cleaned up as best I could. Still no good. Did find I could partially un-plug and jiggle it and the tach would sweep and the idiot lights would come sometimes if I held it just right. Today cut plug out and soldered wires direct. STILL no sweep, no idiot lights, no odometer. However, I found if I start the engine. All the idiot lights come on, and only the tach sweeps, then all the idiots lights go off except neutral and low fuel (tank is still raised). Odometer looks normal again. Any ideas ? Is any of the can-bus stuff in the part of the ECU program we load with tuneboy / tuneecu ? Would it help to try reloading the tune ? This here is what chu' call yer stumper !

most issues seem to stem from the big plug that you have now bypassed.......maybe double check your soldering and taping...just a thought

also check and grease with Dielectric grease the plugs in the back of gauges under (chrome cover) themselves I had the Tach and lights stop working one day after pulling all under tank plugs I thought I would check to see if there was anything under those covers (i had assumed the wires went into back of gauges with out plugs) plugs were dry and looked normal applied grease and have had no issues since

How did the terminals look inside the fuse box? Corroded too? Have you pulled the ignition cylinder to look at the connections? Anything by moving the wire bundles going into the gauges? Obviously a short somewhere :(

I probably shouldn't have responded because I'm about as far in the opposite direction as you can get from an electrical guru. Just thinking out loud?

hey why would any body block you anyway, I reckon the "Ignore button "is only for those with no self control to be able to just simply laugh at and ignore fools that talk sh!t and you surely aint one :)

Still sounds like a bad connection , would guess if the main plug was all green and corroded that other connectors would be also . Hopefully ken does not have you blocked as it appears he is the real guru on electronics

I don't believe that your tune or your ECU has any thing to do with your problem and in fact I would be terrorified to try to load a tune while I am having electrical problems

Back