Are you brand loyal?

I'm not brand loyal but prefer GM but drive an old Ford. Never was much of a Harley fan and don't know really why. Loud and scraggly maybe they just never caught my eye. Only been riding for 12 yrs and this Rocket will be my final cruiser. May jump to duel sport down the road.

Kawasaki x1
Triumph x3

No brand loyalty here, allthough that might have changed now with my first Triumph. No Harley's yet, but I might be tempted with a Ultra, the rest of the harleys are like climbing a wire fence between the post. I like the comfort of a big machine under me.

Suzuki x 3
Honda x 1
Goldwing x 3
BMW x 1
Triumph x 1

The bike that spent the least time in the shop was without fail the Goldwings, They are bullet proof.:)

Like GPMAZ, my bikes came in succession also. As you can see from my signature:
Honda-2
Yamaha-5
Kawasaki-1
Gold Wing-2
Triumph-1
All the bikes I have owned I have really enjoyed, the most disappointing one however, in terms of power was the Kawasaki 1500, I thought it would do better than it did...but it was an enjoyable bike...just don't try to break a 100 mph with it.

As for cars did "most" of those in brand sucession as well:
Ford 66 Mustang (used)
Ford 66 Galaxie 500 (used)
Ford 68 Galaxie 500 (used)
VW 68 Squareback (used)
Triumph 77 Spitfire (new)
Mazda 80 626 (new)
Mazda 82 626 (new)
Mazda 84 626 (new)
Triumph 80 Spitfire (used)
Chevrolet 86 Caprice Classic (new...so many problems with it, never went back to Chevy)
Mazda 87 SE5 pick up (new)
Ford 91 SHO Taurus (new)
Ford 92 Probe (new)
Ford 95 Contour (new-hers/auto)
Ford 95 Contour (new-mine/manual)
Mazda 95 SE5 pick up (new)
Hyundai 99 Elantra (new)
Mazda 01 Protege (new)
Mazda 03 6 (new-wife's)
Ford 04 Mustang GT (new)
Ford 06 Focus (new)
Mazda 05 6 (new-wife's)
Ford 06 Focus (new-son's)
Ford 08 Mustang GT

Man, no wonder I was in debt so much...but for the most part I bought the car or motorcycle I was interested in at the time...so no complaints...now I am getting out of debt over here.

Dennis
14 dtg Dubai
15 dtg Home

****! Now I fell really old
'50 Vincent
'52 AJS
'53 BSA Goldstar
'58 Matchless
'72 Yamaha
'74 CZ moto
'77 Suzuki RM 250
'70 Bonneville
'73 Norton Commando (still own it)
''70 Commando " "
'63 Matchless G80CS " "
'94 Triumph Sprint
'00 Sprint ST " "
'05 Rocket III " "
I might not be brand loyal but I seem to have a predilection for bikes from a certain country:D

Like GPMAZ, my bikes came in succession also. As you can see from my signature:
Honda-2
Yamaha-5
Kawasaki-1
Gold Wing-2
Triumph-1
All the bikes I have owned I have really enjoyed, the most disappointing one however, in terms of power was the Kawasaki 1500, I thought it would do better than it did...but it was an enjoyable bike...just don't try to break a 100 mph with it.

As for cars did "most" of those in brand sucession as well:
Ford 66 Mustang (used)
Ford 66 Galaxie 500 (used)
Ford 68 Galaxie 500 (used)
VW 68 Squareback (used)
Triumph 77 Spitfire (new)
Mazda 80 626 (new)
Mazda 82 626 (new)
Mazda 84 626 (new)
Triumph 80 Spitfire (used)
Chevrolet 86 Caprice Classic (new...so many problems with it, never went back to Chevy)
Mazda 87 SE5 pick up (new)
Ford 91 SHO Taurus (new)
Ford 92 Probe (new)
Ford 95 Contour (new-hers/auto)
Ford 95 Contour (new-mine/manual)
Mazda 95 SE5 pick up (new)
Hyundai 99 Elantra (new)
Mazda 01 Protege (new)
Mazda 03 6 (new-wife's)
Ford 04 Mustang GT (new)
Ford 06 Focus (new)
Mazda 05 6 (new-wife's)
Ford 06 Focus (new-son's)
Ford 08 Mustang GT

Man, no wonder I was in debt so much...but for the most part I bought the car or motorcycle I was interested in at the time...so no complaints...now I am getting out of debt over here.

Dennis
14 dtg Dubai
15 dtg Home

Dennis you can count the camels that you have had the chance to RIDE over in Afy;)

I have rode or owned tooooo many cars or bikes to list you can even throw in a couple of sheep to boot. No one manufacture is better than another they all have good points and bad points. But I do like my ROCKET:D

Triumph new clothing line is making it hard to be brand loyal. there XXXL are not any bigger than a XL and there’s no underwear do they expect us to ride commando :eek: I think they need to understand big people buy big bikes.

Last edited:
Dennis you can count the camels that you have had the chance to RIDE over in Afy;)

I have rode or owned tooooo many cars or bikes to list you can even throw in a couple of sheep to boot. No one manufacture is better than another they all have good points and bad points. But I do like my ROCKET:D

What's that about riding sheep ?

Oh, hang on....ScotInExile.....Scot. Right then. Baaaaa !:D

The new action line of clothing goes to XXX but closer to an XL based on normal US clothing. only the team shirt comes in 3X and it is way small. I guess it is just to bad for the large guys... they are missing a big market

Back