Are you brand loyal?

RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
I see Ford guys with the little pee on Chevy stickers and vice versa. I'm not brand loyal. I've owned a lot of different cars. Same goes for motorcycles. I have favorites out of the cars and bikes I've owned. My favorite car was a BMW 320I. I loved that car right up until my wife destroyed it by interacting with a dump truck. :(

My favorite bike was a Harley Heritage Softail Classic. I like my R3T, but it's too early to tell if it will unseat my old Softail as my favorite of all the bikes I've owned. I've owned the following makes:

- Honda x 2
- Harley x 3
- Triumph x 2
- Kawasaki x 1

I'm only talking street bikes in this discussion. Otherwise, I'd have to add Suzuki. I raced RM 125s (my favorite motocross bike of all time).

I haven't been brand loyal, as seen below, but Triumph has always been my favorite, the bike that really gets me going.. almost no matter what model, except I'm not a huge Hinckley Tiger fan.. Other makes have certain models that I really like, but the mention of Triumph gets me looking.. :) Same with Mopar, well ... pre-1975 anyways

I worked at a bike shop for several years as a teenager and got to see and ride all kinds of bikes, from Allstate to DKW to Moto Guzzi.. There was a Triumph Bonneville 750 there that really turned me on to Triumph, then I got my license on a Triumph 500 bobber.. and THEN I got to hear a Trident 750 and i was really, really hooked. I still have to get me one..

Honda x4
Harley x1
Triumph x4

Last edited:
Sive 1967 :eek:, I have owned the following bikes (all purchased new, except for the second Harley):

BSA x 2
Suzuki x 1
Yamaha x 1
Kawasaki x 2
Honda x 2
Harley x 2
Aprilia x 1
Triumph x 4

In recent years my brand loyalty has gone to Triumph with a Daytona 655i Centennial (I betrayed Triumph to trade it in for an Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory, which was a mistake...), a Daytona 675, a Street Triple 675 and, of course, a Rocket III, which is now the only bike in my stable.

My first motorcycle ride in the mid 60's was on a... battered Triumph 650 ;)on loan from the local BSA dealer.

Jamie

Last edited:
I'm not brand loyal.

For autos, I've had domestic and import.

Bikes, well I'm on my third. Previously, I've owned a Yamaha and a Honda. Now Triumph. My Rocket has that special something that can't really be explained. I was planning on getting a Harley, but their bikes just didn't do it for me. I like most all bikes, they all have their own qualities.

Honda x 4
Kawasaki x 2 (Also triples)
Suzuki x 1
Yamaha x2
Triumph x 6

Yea, I guess I'm pretty brand loyal.. No other bikes have the soul of the recent Triumphs..

Honda - 3
Yamaha - 1
Suzuki - 2
BMW - 5
Triumph - 1

I tend to be brand loyal for a period of time, the move to something else. All the bikes above were owned in succession. Started with Hondas, tried a Yamaha and a couple of Suzukis and then spent 20+ years on BMWs. The R3T is my first Triumph.

Back