Anyone tried Sixity break pads on E-Bay?

RichRIII

.040 Over
Ride
14 R3T
I see a company called Sixity is selling break pads on E-Bay for cheap. A full set of front and rear for $13 US. Has anyone tried them? They left look like a decent set of organic pads, but the price seems too good to be true.

RichRIII

.040 Over
Ride
14 R3T
That's almost as dangerous as a car tire!!!:eek:

That is funny, but I agree with the logic. My biggest concern would be the adhesives on the pads and them coming off. Now a car tire, my concern would be trying to turn (with counter steering) when you really needed to ovoid something.

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
That is funny, but I agree with the logic. My biggest concern would be the adhesives on the pads and them coming off. Now a car tire, my concern would be trying to turn (with counter steering) when you really needed to ovoid something.
Never an issue, steers as fast if you have a good front tyre as well, l have no trouble flicking the big girl around

Gearhead1969

.020 Over
Ride
07 rocket 3 classic tourer
I tried a super cheap set of eBay pads on my Harley 1200 roadster.I figured that it couldn't be too hard to make a decent brake pad and you should be able buy a bargain set and be fine. I was wrong. The pad material was simply too hard and would not stop the bike!
I took advantage of their "money back" guarantee very quickly! Since then I will only use pads from a reputable source (OEM,ebc etc) . ymmv

mully95

Living Legend
Ride
Roadster
I suggest using EBC Double H sintered brake pads on the Rocket. I use them as well as a lot of fellow members on here. To get the full benefit of these pads they MUST be bedded in. I didn't know this and there for awhile didn't like the EBC pads. They would stop but not what I expected. Since I learned about "bedding in" the pads came to life and my bike no longer has brake squeal and will stop on a dime.

Here's the link:

Bedding in new motorcycle pads and rotors - EBC Brakes

RichRIII

.040 Over
Ride
14 R3T
I suggest using EBC Double H sintered brake pads on the Rocket. I use them as well as a lot of fellow members on here. To get the full benefit of these pads they MUST be bedded in. I didn't know this and there for awhile didn't like the EBC pads. They would stop but not what I expected. Since I learned about "bedding in" the pads came to life and my bike no longer has brake squeal and will stop on a dime.

Here's the link:

Bedding in new motorcycle pads and rotors - EBC Brakes

Thanks Mully