North Island for me too sorry, but from South originally, as the guys above say he should go further South, Geraldine,Lake Tekapo, Mt Cook, down through the dams, only downside is the long straights (but not long and straight like the US) Ashburton to Timaru, depending which loop you go.

Also Arthur's Pass to the West Coast is a good road and they have Keas (hilarious big green parrots that rip bits off your car/bike).

Just occurred to me, we're good at naming stuff here, North Island, South Island, West Coast... ;) no place I'd rather be tho.
20171009_070155.jpg

Just had a bit of a storm here over night with snow down to 200 metres above sea level.

Nothing like a bit of spring snow to surprise everyone.

Looks like he wants to take your luggage home :laugh:
No they want to rip it up and shred it. As stated earlier they regularly strip the windscreen sealing rubbers from parked vehicles and have even been known to rip off windshield wipers. Very destructive to vehicles apparently. Used to be shot as vermin by Kiwi's as they were blamed for attacking sheep to rip fat from their backs while still alive. I'm not sure if they were actually just scavengers on dead ones but must be the only semi-carnivorous and alpine parrot in the world. Only found on elevated mountains and forests apparently.
Big bastards too.
Kea - Wikipedia

1024px-Kea_on_rock_while_snowing.jpg

Looks like he wants to take your luggage home :laugh:

Yep went through the pockets of my jacket that was on the ground too, Big signs saying don't feed them, like that happens...:rolleyes:. Sadly they are endangered now, when I was younger we used to go tramping in the Alps and there were hundreds of the things around, all waiting to steal something, hilarious things.

Back