Another Rocket in my future?

rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
I bought a Yamaha fjr this summer because I have always wanted to try a sport type bike but wanted the bags to carry my stuff to and from work and on trips. I have a problem finding myself switching bikes ever since I wrecked my Rocket 3 and am not satisfied. The fjr is fast, stops very quick, big ole gas tank, turns on a dime, in sum a great bike but It has 2 major problems. I have found first and the biggest is the wife really is not happy with her seating setup. I could buy a Russell day long and that would probably help a lot. She got used to the room of the Rocket and the Suzuki c109 I had. Also I find myself really hauling ass on the thing, on the Rocket I could just cruise, put my feet up on the highway bars and smile. The fjr does highway speed so effortlessly that it is well... boring. The fjr gets fun at 100+ but I don't want to go to jail or get my insurance jacket up through the roof ( or die). The r3 touring is a very nice but I like the roadster better. With the roadster I would want to put the corbin bags and fairing on it and that adds a lot of cash but could also do it a little at a time. Riding season is over here so I have all winter to think about it. I think every bike has its strong and weak points, I had to work a lot harder at cornering and in general driving the Rocket compared to the fjr but the Rocket was more enjoyable to drive. I know some on this forum have had sport bikes or do have or sport tourers. Do you feel the same?

Attachments

• 100_7437.jpg
    100_7437.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
I know some on this forum have had sport bikes or do have or sport tourers. Do you feel the same?

I've owned two FJRs, and two R3Ts. I really like the idea of the FJR, and I agree with all of your points. I am back on an R3T, and I don't think I'll trade it away again. It is a very comfortable bike, and it suits me. The FJRs are both gone.

I've also had other sport and sport touring type bikes. My favorite is the BMW K1300S.

When I get back from rides on the R3T, I am generally fairly relaxed, comfortable, happy, and thinking about my next ride. When I would return from rides on the FJR, I would often feel like I'd been beaten about the head and ears, and my shoulders and knees would be uncomfortable.

I highly recommend that you follow your inclination to move back to a Rocket.

I've owned two FJRs, and two R3Ts. I really like the idea of the FJR, and I agree with all of your points. I am back on an R3T, and I don't think I'll trade it away again. It is a very comfortable bike, and it suits me. The FJRs are both gone.

I've also had other sport and sport touring type bikes. My favorite is the BMW K1300S.

When I get back from rides on the R3T, I am generally fairly relaxed, comfortable, happy, and thinking about my next ride. When I would return from rides on the FJR, I would often feel like I'd been beaten about the head and ears, and my shoulders and knees would be uncomfortable.

I highly recommend that you follow your inclination to move back to a Rocket.
I am actually comfortable on the fjr but well...Time to start looking at Rockets.

What is it about Rockets..i had a Roadster demo while the Tiger was being serviced and it was like coming home from a long vacation..you know the kinda thing
enjoyed the holiday but it's nice to be home :thumbsup: From the moment I took the keys with my sweaty little hand I knew I would have another Rocket
I expect my Captaincy will be reinstated in January.:D....No i'm keeping the Goldwing:p

RJ

Ray, every time I see Charles and Camilla I think of you and that Goldwing. Is that how you want to be remembered? Time to come home, forget this silliness and hop back in the sack with something that's less sensible but a lot more fun.

Back