Always good to discuss the Rocket

Rocket Bob

.020 Over
I have been reading your forum longer than I have had my Rocket. I live in the Central Valley of California. I build schools for a living. I purchased my Rocket on the 8th of April this year. It is a 2005 and green in color. The color was a promotion by Triumph and the dealer I bought from happen to have this one. Once I figure out how to post pictures I will post some. I look forward to discussing the greatness of this fine motorcycle.

Welcome Rocket Bob. If you need some help posting photos send me a pm and I can try and help you through it. If not just email them to me through the site. I think there may be another green Rocket around the world somewhere?:rolleyes:

Welcome Rocket Bob!! Please do join in. We are kind of a small family here... we always like new perspectives on things...

My next door neighbor is Honda Bob... you guys are gonna confuse the heck out of my little brain....

The Rainbow Connection

As Kermit the frog once sang, "It's not easy being green ..........but it'll do me just fine".

Glad to have you join us. It's amazing how many colors are showing up on Rockets. The latest issue of Torque Magazine had R3 tank covered in orange leather with pot marks to make it look like the skin of a Navel Orange. Pretty creative!

You'll have to compare notes with Jamie from Switzerland. He swears that green R3's are faster than the Cardinal Reds.

The only thing I know for sure is never eat more than 4 green M&M's at one time! :eek:

Last edited:
Green Machine?

I was in the Green Machine :D but I never seen a green machine.;) Welcome Rocket Bob.Being a Bob who loves his new Rocket and can't get enough,it will great to compare green vs. red.Did you know that green is my 2nd favorite color after RED!,You know that speed,used as a tool,improves time?The Rocket is the only machine I've ever owned that gives that statement credence and I practice regularly.Enjoy

PianoMan said:
As Kermit the frog once sang, "It's not easy being green ..........but it'll do me just fine".

Glad to have you join us.
You'll have to compare notes with Jamie from Switzerland. He swears that green R3's are faster than the Cardinal Reds.

Welcome Rocket Bob.

Now, I NEED to ask you: What kind of green is yours? Mine is Jaguar Racing Green (it was born Cardinal Red), a metallic emerald hue, often confused with British Racing Green. Pics appreciated.

Green is greater. Cheers. Jamie

Mine's the Real Green

I hope this pictures import ok. Rocket 1.JPG

Greet the Green

Looks awesome. Thanks for the pic. But... which specific kind of green is it? BRG? JRG?, other shades of green from Triumph's existing palette of 4 or 5?

Hard to tell from the pic. But I'd love to know for sure before I desperately take my bike to the custom paint shop for a differentiated green respray:D .

Best. Jamie

Last edited:
Back