Always good to discuss the Rocket

In all actuality, the fastest bike isn't color oriented at all. Fastest has to do with whether it's paid off or not. Any bike in any color that's paid off will be run harder than one with a payment on it's owners head. Plain and simple.....right??;)

Besides, by the time it's paid off, it's become a "beater" anyway so might as well flog the snot out of it as it's extremely expendable as the cycle is about to begin again with a new mount and a new payment book.:D

It's the American way. For everything else, there is NastyCard.:eek: (that's not a typo)

I don't always agree with you Flip (country boy vs. city boy) but on this one I conceed! You are absolutly right on. Bikes paid off run faster....of course a black R3 paid off would naturally be faster than a red one paid off.....

raymond braswell said:
I don't always agree with you Flip (country boy vs. city boy) but on this one I conceed! You are absolutly right on. Bikes paid off run faster....of course a black R3 paid off would naturally be faster than a red one paid off.....

I can't compare on colors as I have a red and cream one. Besides, I have a payment book so mine is slow. For me, it gets the job done which is somewhere between a walker and a Segway.

Interestingly, I just got a snowmobile rag in tonight's mail. Seems as though Yamaha is building a 4 stroke triple, dry sumped with digital EFI that makes 153 ponies from get this 800cc. That's on regular pump gas. The engine spins 12,000 rpm and has an internal jackshaft to make the rpm manageable for a snowmobile CVT transmission. Put that engine in a bike and move over Hyabusa.

Still can't compare to a case reed inducted 2 stroke. My last sled made 170+ from 995cc and ran 0-60 in 2 flat with a 150+ top end. Had enough sleds. Bikes are better, just not right now.

Back