The Ramair comes with the IAT sensor hole already drilled and yes it's .7mm or so too big. They SHOULD supply tape to increase the size of the sensor so it's a snug fit.

My apologies. I didn't know it was already drilled out. That would make me mad. :banghead:

I guess if one was going to order a Ramair they should call them and make sure that either the hole isn't drilled out or make sure a grommet is sent with the filter to "rig" it. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks thanks for that information. Now I won't have to lift my tank, remove the bear claw and take a look. :thumbsup: :rolleyes: :D

Haha yes, you got one of the good ones!

My apologies. I didn't know it was already drilled out. That would make me mad. :banghead:

I guess if one was going to order a Ramair they should call them and make sure the either the hole isn't drilled out or make sure a grommet is sent with the filter to "rig" it. :confused:

100% mate, that's what I'd be doing for sure :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your replies.

I've watched some footasge and like the induction roar of the RamAir but there's also comments on foam air filters sucking in moisture, water etc. Is that a concern?

Would the K&Ns also have the same moisture worries?

I see there's a high flowing K&N to replace the stock filter. Is there any real benefit?

Cheers

BT

I've watched some footasge and like the induction roar of the RamAir but there's also comments on foam air filters sucking in moisture, water etc. Is that a concern?

I see there's a high flowing K&N to replace the stock filter. Is there any real benefit?

Cheers

BT

I think I saw the video you're referring to... No mate moisture will not be a problem unless you direct a hose straight down the filter. Rain, washing bike etc no issue. A friend of mine used to spray a fine mist of water down his 327 carb while running at medium throttle to de-coke the chambers. Ive pulled engines apart that have used water injection and they have been sparkly clean inside :thumbsup:

Cheers
BT

Nope; not with a K&N OEM replacement.

Cheers

BT

No. Keep the stock filter over the expensive K&N under seat replacement.

Back