Advice on extra bits for my Rocket

I picked up the sidestand pad a week or so ago. Very nice part and arrived to the USA within a week with standard shipping.

It is the same stuff that everyone else’s sells but at a cheaper price ..... I’ve no idea how they can do it
thanks mate, always a bit suspicious when things seem cheaper than they should be. I do like the look of their front engine bars but I also know that the cheap ones are sometimes not thick enough steel and will just crumple in a crash, which makes them pointless.

thanks mate, always a bit suspicious when things seem cheaper than they should be. I do like the look of their front engine bars but I also know that the cheap ones are sometimes not thick enough steel and will just crumple in a crash, which makes them pointless.
As pointed out by @barbagris recently, crash bars are only intended for tip over use but when they fold up in a higher speed crash they still absorb a lot of energy not getting to your bike itself. If they are too strong they survive well but transmit so much force to the bike they may break the alloy engine castings etc.

Think of them as disposable items like airbags.

Pretty sure this is same place I put @1olbull onto for his flash CNC alloy billet gear shift and he was very happy with their service, price and product.

Just had a look and their crash bars are Fehling from Germany very good quality gear I just fitted one on the weekend with assistance of @ChrisACT and have another in my shed. I wouldn't pay that price I got mine on eBay delivered to Oz from Germany for just over Au$320 (GBP175) but that was about $75 less than most eBay suppliers.

As pointed out by @barbagris recently, crash bars are only intended for tip over use but when they fold up in a higher speed crash they still absorb a lot of energy not getting to your bike itself. If they are too strong they survive well but transmit so much force to the bike they may break the alloy engine castings etc.

Think of them as disposable items like airbags.

Pretty sure this is same place I put @1olbull onto for his flash CNC alloy billet gear shift and he was very happy with their service, price and product.

Wrong thread

Just had a look and their crash bars are Fehling from Germany very good quality gear I just fitted one on the weekend with assistance of @ChrisACT and have another in my shed. I wouldn't pay that price I got mine on eBay delivered to Oz from Germany for just over Au$320 (GBP175) but that was about $75 less than most eBay suppliers.
175 pounds is what they are asking for them so good price, thanks for you input

Back