ADAPTIVE LIGHTING, JW SPEAKER

@Nathan Edwards @DEcosse
The JW Speaker Adaptives I have on my R3R (2 @ 5¾") are superb & the absolute best motor lights I have ever seen.
My previous JW Speaker Daymakers were my #1 prior to the Adaptives.
I have tested the Daymakers but not yet the Adaptives.
Daymakers-R3R pix.jpg
I would assume a JW Speaker single 7" would test very close to the same.
Your & your motor swim over here to Washington State & we shall test it! :D

What model number are your JW Speaker Adaptives? Their website doesn't list the rocket as a choice but does list all the other model triumphs?

@1olbull I had no idea you had a procedure/equipment to test lights out. I'd love to test my Chinese LED setup, since a few Captains are using them. I know they're brighter than stock, but aren't objective numbers always more fun than subjective "they're better" lol.

Rob,
That can be fairly easily arranged.
One place I use (mostly for torch testing) is the soccer field of a nearby elementary school.
The ambient light is under .1 lux and affords accurate measurements.
Probably would take the two us a couple hours, one to lay out the course and another to take incident readings.
If interested, let me know and we shall set it up for one dark-ass night. Sooner is better as the days are getting longer . . .

What model number are your JW Speaker Adaptives? Their website doesn't list the rocket as a choice but does list all the other model triumphs?

JW Speader 8690
LED Motorcycle Headlights - Model 8690

Part Number List
Part Number Description
Spec Sheet

0551681 12V DOT/ECE LED High & Low Beam Headlight with Black Inner Bezel
Download

0551731 12V DOT/ECE LED High & Low Beam Headlight with Chrome Inner Bezel
Download

Dimensions

led-headlight-model-8690-a-series-dimensions-2016-750x250.jpg

Related Resources

This is the link to the 7: 8691 Adaptive 2:
7" Motorcycle Headlights – Model 8791 Adaptive 2 Pedestal Headlight

Part Number List
Part Number Description
Spec Sheet

0555071 12V DOT/ECE LED High and Low Beam Adaptive Pedestal Headlight with Black Inner Bezel
Download

0555081 12V DOT/ECE LED High and Low Beam Adaptive Pedestal Headlight with Chrome Inner Bezel
Download
Dimensions
led-motorcycle-headlight-model-8791-adaptive-2-dimensions-2018-750x250.jpg

Related Resources

JW Speader 8690
LED Motorcycle Headlights - Model 8690

Part Number List
Part Number Description
Spec Sheet

0551681 12V DOT/ECE LED High & Low Beam Headlight with Black Inner Bezel
Download

0551731 12V DOT/ECE LED High & Low Beam Headlight with Chrome Inner Bezel
Download

Dimensions

led-headlight-model-8690-a-series-dimensions-2016-750x250.jpg

Related Resources

Thanks 1olbull, I think I'll give them a try!

WOAH! Wait, holly $hit! Are you kidding me, $477 dollars for one? I might have to hold off on that upgrade. They must be made with cryptimonium!

Last edited:
Thanks 1olbull, I think I'll give them a try!
WOAH! Wait, holly $hit! Are you kidding me, $477 dollars for one? I might have to hold off on that upgrade. They must be made with cryptimonium!

Darn, but they have come way down in price!
I paid $1400 for the pair through Revzilla (highly recommend) back in May of 2016!
I see now they are $956 for a pair at Revzilla.
Amazon wants $1246 for a pair. HUGE difference!
WOW! I spent $444 more for nearly a two year jump ahead of the curve . . .
Was it worth it . . . . . . . . . . . ???

**** Yeah.jpg

Last edited:
If you ride a lot at night - using the dip beam - Then this solution is simply more important than a flash exhaust or wowza suspension.

Steve - what error does BOX give you? - It's almost certainly going to be that you will have to download first to the device then open.

If you ride a lot at night - using the dip beam - Then this solution is simply more important than a flash exhaust or wowza suspension.

Steve - what error does BOX give you? - It's almost certainly going to be that you will have to download first to the device then open.

What opens the file? I can open box but can't open the .m4v file.

Back