ADAPTIVE LIGHTING, JW SPEAKER

Nathan Edwards

Standard Bore
Ride
2012 Rocket 3 touring
Has anybody fitted a JW Speaker adaptive lighting system to their rocket touring?

Does the headlight unit fit into the existing bucket easily? Or did you have to buy an adaptor kit.

I am really interested to know your opinions on these lights. I ride almost every day and most of my commute is done in the dark so am looking for some good quality LED Lights for the front of my R3T.

Also, does anybody in the UK know of a reliable supplier for these.

Thanks.

A quick look at the Manufacturers site does not show parts (in the adaptives anyway) for Left-hand-traffic (i.e. R.H.D. e.g. UK)
But then the spec sheet doesn't say they are RHT only (although suspect they are)
There are also no dealers listed in UK*, but many throughout Euro Continent which perhaps reinforces that there are no LHT lamps.

*Oops correction - Hedgehog in Barnstaple listed as dealer - perhaps ask them

Hedgehog MotorcyclesMILL ROAD
Barnstaple, Array EX31 1JQ GB
+441271326040

Calling @1olbull - he has them on his Roadster (the 5.25" though, and a pair)

@Nathan Edwards @DEcosse
The JW Speaker Adaptives I have on my R3R (2 @ 5¾") are superb & the absolute best motor lights I have ever seen.
My previous JW Speaker Daymakers were my #1 prior to the Adaptives.
I have tested the Daymakers but not yet the Adaptives.
Daymakers-R3R pix.jpg
I would assume a JW Speaker single 7" would test very close to the same.
Your & your motor swim over here to Washington State & we shall test it! :D

@1olbull I had no idea you had a procedure/equipment to test lights out. I'd love to test my Chinese LED setup, since a few Captains are using them. I know they're brighter than stock, but aren't objective numbers always more fun than subjective "they're better" lol.

Has anybody fitted a JW Speaker adaptive lighting system to their rocket touring?
Does the headlight unit fit into the existing bucket easily? Or did you have to buy an adaptor kit.
I am really interested to know your opinions on these lights. I ride almost every day and most of my commute is done in the dark so am looking for some good quality LED Lights for the front of my R3T. Also, does anybody in the UK know of a reliable supplier for these.Thanks.
The Adaptives are neither LH or RH - They are centre dip. Valid and € approved for both sides. Simply dropped in.
I get my JW-Speakers from Welcome to Mobile Centre in the UK. They are the main European stockist. Fast delivery even to here. They also reply to emails pretty fast.
I have them in my R3 (not a T) - @Joesmoe is about to fit to his "T".

OPINION - Unless a bike came ex-factory with "adaptives" - I would never buy a bike it could not be retrofitted ever again. Steve ( @1olbull ) has some really good videos showing the same route before and after. Once you have used it - nothing else will be good enough. Note the 7" has 25% MORE adaptive LEDs than the 5&3/4". But we 5&3/4" guys have two lights.

Upgrade your Aux lights to match - really.

Q) - On hour night runs how much is on DIP? - My guess - based on traffic around my mum is mostly. This is where adaptive really SHINE (pun)

The Adaptives are neither LH or RH - They are centre dip. Valid and € approved for both sides. Simply dropped in.
I get my JW-Speakers from Welcome to Mobile Centre in the UK. They are the main European stockist. Fast delivery even to here. They also reply to emails pretty fast.
I have them in my R3 (not a T) - @Joesmoe is about to fit to his "T".

OPINION - Unless a bike came ex-factory with "adaptives" - I would never buy a bike it could not be retrofitted ever again. Steve ( @1olbull ) has some really good videos showing the same route before and after. Once you have used it - nothing else will be good enough. Note the 7" has 25% MORE adaptive LEDs than the 5&3/4". But we 5&3/4" guys have two lights.

Upgrade your Aux lights to match - really.

Q) - On hour night runs how much is on DIP? - My guess - based on traffic around my mum is mostly. This is where adaptive really SHINE (pun)

Almost all of my 1hr commute is on dip lights. I originally wanted a Led bulb to get rid of the yellow colour to the headlights. But the thought of having the adaptive lights has grown on me a lot.

Back