Adaptive LED Headlights - JW Speaker

goncallf

.040 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket X, Vmax 1700
Hi guys,

I'm thinking to buy a JW Speakers adaptive Headlights, but i have some doubts about the installation.
The first thing I want to ensure is that I do not have to cut wires, because mots are coming and i want to keep it simple if i have to go back for a MOT inspection every year.
Second I would like to know if these headlights have connection for the parking light without adaptations.
Third, I have read several reports of problems with high beam light in the dashbord, at least in chinese headlights. With these someone have or had these problems? Is it always necessary to connect a resistor?

Thanks

I put a piece of black electrical on mine and @warp9.9 in Stearns this past spring. Still have mine, for the factory high beam indicator is too bright at night. Reflects off the inside of windshield. A small resistor would be nice

Do not confuse JW Speaker FULLY EU HOMOLOGATED ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS and the cheaper Chinese versions.
The JWSPEAKER are fully documented as replacements for Motorcycle use. They are 100% correctly marked.
LED and Halogen lights meeting the homologation are interchangeable - It's in the legal wording.
HID is not covered by the same homologation ruling.
Valid for use in ALL Europe.

The only niggle can be that you need to show (here in Spain) it was fitted correctly by a garage.

I have the Genuine article fitted and there were no problems at all with warning lights etc.

The main and dip beams are a plug and play solution
The only irritant is the parking/side light. This requires a bit of ingenuity but is easy to do.

Shame Almada is about as far away from Madrid as is possible without getting wet - Or I'd modify the wiring for you.

I have the original JW Speakers. Plug and play with parking lights connected. DOT approved. Spend half of my time on the bike riding at night so the $640.00 was well spent. Good coverage with the duel lights on the Rocket X. Works for me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Did have to mod the parking lights but very simple to do and would be easy to change back to accept stock lights. No resister required.

@barbagris looks like those are the original adaptive (low beam only) available at mobile centre rather than the new stuff from jws which is high and low beams (adaptive2).

I currently run the Adaptive 2, having replaced my original Adaptives.
I upgraded because I prefer to run high beams adjusted to low beam specs.
The JWS Adaptive 2 are THE BEST motor headlights available today!
No lights I have tested have performed nearly as well for long range object recognition at night.
What Graybeard Chris @barbagris has stated here is spot on.

Hi guys, thanks for your help.
I think I figured out a way to turn on the parking light without cutting the original motorcycle wiring. Watch the video below from the 1:34 min.

BTW - the JWS Adaptive 2 "Dance" is not to be missed! :thumbsup: :inlove

@barbagris looks like those are the original adaptive (low beam only) available at mobile centre rather than the new stuff from jws which is high and low beams (adaptive2).
True - BUT LOOK AT THE BLOODY PRICE. Basically 50% off. If they were the same price it would be a no brainer.
Whilst Adaptive on main is a plus - ime of using them it's not really THAT relevant to me here as I pretty much never get to use high beam. And when I visit my mum in the UK even less chance.

Back