A different take on the license plate - turn signal mod

The bracket didn't cost me anything because I used the license plate bracket.

It was chopped just above the fendor and built off of it to make the bracket.

The LED was custom from CustomDynamics and ran @$150USD

Details

Ratboy,

With the led from Custom Dynamics, do you have to have the run-turn-brake module form Kuryakyn?

If yes, what did that cost?

Ratboy,

With the led from Custom Dynamics, do you have to have the run-turn-brake module form Kuryakyn?

If yes, what did that cost?

The answer to the question is no you don't have to run the r-t-b module, I do out of preference.

If you are interested, the cost from Kuryakyn is: $59.99 Part# _4710 Run-Turn-Brake Controller for Metric Cruisers

Wrote Custom Dynamics:

Hi Mark, I know some of the guys with Rocket III are custom custom arrays:
http://www.customdynamics.com/flex_led_array.htm
we can make them, I am just not sure what size they are using, maybe you can ask them on the forum or get one of their order numbers.
Thanks Dave

Anyone have the specifics?

I don't know who Mark is, but I think that this might answer your question.

All Flexible LED Products come in a D-Channel Tube That is .325" thick by .325" wide with industrial strength double sided tape on back, installs like automotive trim.
Low Power Requirements - 12V DC
The owner at CustomDynamics can make the flex to whatever length that you require. He can also embed an aux brake light in between if you want smaller turn signal LEDs.

Ratboy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to get it.

Would you happen to have any photos of your stock liscense plate bracket mod? I assume you ordered the right length of light from Custom Dy and attached it to your modified bracket. It would seem simple to take a clothes hanger and bend it in the shape of the fender edge and then have that attached and welded to the cut down bracket. If I simply used the tape to attach the light tube, I would worry it wouldn't hold up for too long. Anyway, thanks again for all the feedback.

Ratboy,

It would seem simple to take a clothes hanger and bend it in the shape of the fender edge and then have that attached and welded to the cut down bracket.

Spacey,
The 'clothes hanger' approach would be 'red-necking it up' to say the least.

I'll get a close-up picture for your purposes...

The guy that 'made it' for me overstated his skillset, but it works. He chopped the stock license plate bracket just above the fendor lip.... came off of the bracket with a couple of pieces of round-bar (the "OCC Special") to a piece of 1/8" plate (@ 1'' wide) that he bent up to 'follow the curve' of the fendor. The light tube attaches to the plate.

I took that bracket into C.D. and they fit the tube to my application.

Space,

I posted two pictures of the bracket. They were a little difficult to get because I didn't want to take the bracket off of the bike.... It's a pain to get off and on again.

Back