A CHARACTER BUILDING ISSUE

I saw a crashed Rocket awhile ago at my old dealers totaled. Same damage as the Harley's in the video front end collapsed into the engine. It gets a little more intense as you increase the speed...:(

Do You See the Motorcycle?

Last edited:
Something that stands out to me, the rider area is largely unaffected besides the bars. The front of bike turns into a crumple zone.

Gets the engineering streak in me thinking about possibilities if you prevent the rider from flying off the bike.

No idea how you'd accomplish that to mitigate this crash mode without increasing risk in other crash scenarios.

I saw a crashed Rocket awhile ago at my old dealers totaled. Same damage as the Harley's in the video front end collapsed into the engine. It gets a little more intense as you increase the speed...:(
Do You See the Motorcycle?

This reported:

"The Honda rider was traveling at such a “very high speed”, his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection."
HA! HA! Reaction time my ass! Here is the skinny:
During his reaction time he would cover about 455 feet!
At 155 mph his minimum skid to stop distance would be 1232 feet!
Totaling 1687 feet!
And it would all take him 13 seconds!!! :D

Good to know! They crashed a Fat Bob exactly like mine. If I happen to T-bone a car traveling at that same speed, I now have a good idea of the damage to expect for my bike. Not that I'll be around to get it fixed if I crash into a big pickup, etc...

Back