tails

Turbocharged
Ride
roadster 2015 matt black.
hi took the bike out yesterday,a problem i kept on having was,in top 5th gear it somtimes would not go in,as if you did not give it enough boot.
i poss thought it was because the gear lever position was not right ?
any thoughts.
its done 2600 miles,and around a year old.
it felt and sounded like a clatter/in between gears ?

Strongly advise a trip to the dealer while under warranty sounds like a slightly bent shift fork, better to catch now than when it won't stay in gear anymore. Should be warranty work.

thanks for that,has any one else had this problem ????????
I dropped my 2010 Roadster last summer (somehow spaced out and got off the bike without deploying the kickstand...amazing how it quickly reaches a point of no return!) and at that point did not have highway bars...the shifter got bent in a little so I heated it up carefully and slowly pulled it back a bit. Now, every once in a while it will refuse to shift beyond 2nd gear-to remedy the issue i get off the bike, pull on the shifter a bit and it works fine. I know its a disaster waiting to happen I just dont' have the greenbacks right now to have it looked at-D

Someone on this forum wisely advised purchasing highway bars first thing and I wish I had...got em now but that was after I dropped it. -D

Someone on this forum wisely advised purchasing highway bars first thing and I wish I had...got em now but that was after I dropped it. -D

Sorry for your mishap and continued PITA.
Coulda been me as years ago, before I bought my R3R, a member took a low-side crash in a corner.
He got up uninjured and discovered his shifter had contacted the ground and its boss in the cast engine case broke out.
I was waiting for a better version of the engine guards to come out and then installed immediately.
I've commented to the wisdom of them several times - usually to no avail.

Sorry you don't like my answer, but that false neutral where you can feel the gear flopping around inside.... basically a guarantee you have a bent shift fork.

The longer you wait the more damage gets done.

Be happy Triumph will warranty it, they've had a number of recent model R3 tranny claims for this issue. There are at least 4 threads here on the forums about it.

Back